It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/25/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
Giant Jars of Pickles, Copycat Lunchables, and more ALDI Fun
Who couldn’t use an 80 oz jar of pickles, right? More club-sized ALDI Finds (and some great deals on bathroom accessories) in the latest ALDI Finds Picks of the week.
Then in honor of back-to-school, how about how to make (more affordable) homemade Lunchables with ALDI ingredients?
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 8/25-19 – 8/31/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/25/19
- Sunday: Roasted chile-lime chicken and potatoes, along with a side salad topped with green onions, Parmesan, and a few broccoli florets, chopped small.
- Monday: Pasta Florentine with salmon, grapes.
- Tuesday: Fajita-inspired sheet pan chicken thighs and peppers, baked potatoes
- Wednesday: Chopped chicken avocado tomato cucumber salad (slice chicken lengthwise into thinner pieces and add a little feta, if desired), plus grapes.
- Thursday: Easy beef enchilada pie, topped with chopped green onions. Also: Saute 4 oz spinach in olive oil w/ a little onion and garlic, then use that & a little shredded cheddar in six tortillas (reserve the other six for Thursday) to make quesadillas; cut these into small triangles to serve on the side.
- Friday: White bean wraps with feta & guacamole (use spinach wraps, and mash together two avocados, lime juice, and sea salt to taste for a quick guac-ish spread). On the side, have garlic broccoli pasta (use the rest of the spaghetti instead of rigatoni, and add a little more Parmesan, crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning to punch it up if you like).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/24/19
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Happy Farms Preferred crumbled feta, $2.19
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.79
16 oz SimplyNature organic spaghetti or whole wheat spaghetti, $1.09
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
2 cans 8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
1 can Pueblo Lindo mild diced green chiles, $.65
16 oz Fremont Fish Market wild caught pink salmon fillets (frozen), $3.99
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.49
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $3.29
5.5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $4.35
2 lbs green grapes, $1.70
16 oz limes, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.78
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
1 cucumber, $.49
16 oz mini cucumbers, $2.19
16 oz broccoli, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $.99
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.69
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.69
12 oz Campari tomatoes, $1.99
5 Roma tomatoes, $.75
4 avocados, $3.96
That comes to $60.67.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/18-8/24 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/21-8/27 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/21/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/25/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.