Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/19/23: Happy Thanksgiving! This week we’re cooking up everything from NOT a green bean casserole, to a sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner, to leftover turkey chili — and so much more.
Happy Thanksgiving week! I figured this was a good meal planning week, because the holidays can be SO expensive. The Thanksgiving dinner posted here is a very basic one to keep it budget friendly, so add on items (and dessert!) according to your own family’s traditions and your budget. Read on for all of your:
- Easy family dinner recipes for the week of 11/19/23 — Including Thanksgiving dinner for four!
- An editable, printable shopping list to take to the store
- An easy add-to-Instacart list for pickup or delivery, and
- Six nights of sitting down to easy & affordable meals.
Our easy ALDI meal plans feature six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door — EXCEPT for this week, when we’re going up to $80 for Thanksgiving. Bring your family together around the table for six straight nights, and save time & money in the process.
- Don’t miss anything! Be sure to sign up for email alerts.
Use any of my meal plans as an easy starting point, modifying your own family’s weekly dinner menu around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and/or dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/19/23 – 11/25/23
Come and cook along with us for the answer to the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into our menu, though, let’s talk briefly about this week’s new ALDI Finds.
Chanukah decorations and potted herbs
My fave ALDI Finds for the week of 11/15/23 include Chanukah decorations, Christmas inflatables, holiday bakeware, potted fresh herbs, and more.
Check out this week’s picks (and more pix!), and let me know what you want to Find. Then extend your savings just a little further on Amazon, with this huge list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items.
And now, with no further ado, here’s your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/19/23. *** Be sure to sign up for our emails, so that you never miss a new meal plan post or Mashup Mom update! ***
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/19/23 – 11/25/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. This week: Six complete dinners for four, $80 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $80
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/19/23
- Cream cheese pasta bake with French fried onions
- Make a side salad with half of the romaine, topped with chopped green onion, chopped celery, and a little chopped carrot
- Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner
- Cut up the pineapple
- Low carb taco casserole
- Roasted broccoli & carrots (use a little shredded Parmesan for serving instead of grated)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
- Happy Thanksgiving! Roast up your turkey using your own favorite method, and also have:
- This is not a green bean casserole
- Homemade cranberry sauce (add cinnamon and/or other seasonings of choice
- Hawaiian rolls
- Tonight: Chop up and reserve the leftover cooked turkey for Friday and Saturday.
- Easy leftover turkey soup — Just substitute cooked turkey for chicken!
- Heat up the baguette, and
- Make a side salad with the other half of the romaine, topped with chopped green onion, chopped celery, and a little chopped carrot
- Leftover turkey chili, topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream, chopped green onion, and optional chopped jalapeños
- Copycat Trader Joe’s cheddar jalapeño pull-apart bread
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 11/18/23
*** Check below this grocery list for Easy One-Stop Instacart Shopping, as well as an editable & printable list. ***
Dairy & refrigerated
5 oz Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
8 oz brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.19
Bake House Creations jumbo flaky biscuits, $1.79
16 oz Happy Farms mild shredded cheddar, $2.99
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.69
L’Oven Fresh Hawaiian sweet rolls, $2.75
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Chef’s Cupboard French fried onions, $1.79
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
16 oz Reggano rotini, $.99 — Note: Use 3/4 of this box
24 oz jar Reggano marinara, $1.59
4 oz can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.79
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $2.38
1 can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.79
1 can Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, $.79
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.79
Meat & seafood
12 lb frozen Butterball turkey, $15.24
2 lb pack 80/20 ground beef, $8.38
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.99
12 oz pack cranberries, $.99
3 ct romaine hearts, $2.79
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.78
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.95
2 lbs carrots, $1.99
1 lb broccoli, $1.99
1 head of cauliflower, $2.99
1 lb green beans, $1.79
3 heads garlic, $1.59
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.29
8 oz jalapeños, $.79
2 sweet potatoes, $.49
That comes to: $79.95
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less, if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from a local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. *** See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add multiples of a single item or to change the weight of items, and the meat special buys often don’t show up. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change these quantities and make the following notes.
- Changes and additions
- Add a pound of broccoli — it’s out of stock by me right now, so I can’t add it to my list for you.
- Change the quantity of chicken broth to two.
- Change the quantity of fire roasted diced tomatoes to two.
- Change the quantity of white mushrooms to two.
- Change the quantity of sweet potatoes to two.
- Notes for your shopper:
- Make a note that you want about a 12 lb turkey.
- Changes and additions
When using the add your list to Instacart feature, always double check your cart against the grocery list above, and see the notes and quantity changes above.
- ** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, butter, sugar, balsamic vinegar, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, bay leaf, parsley, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, Kosher salt, sage, salad dressing of choice
Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format, or:
- If you don’t have Word, open the shopping list in Google Docs or Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/15/23-11/21/23). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. Shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/19/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive email about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse through every ALDI meal plan here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with a few meal planning & ALDI shopping resources:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (code m4cniq for sign-up bonus) and through the Fetch Rewards app (code NF3TH for sign-up bonus.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts?!
Lastly: Access your latest regional ALDI ad here.