Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/8/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from a rosemary white bean & chicken soup to loaded potato pizza — and, so much more.
May the Fourth be With You, as we get ready to ALDI meal plan out our week. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes to help reduce stressful dinnertime decisions — and to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/8/22 – 5/14/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Mother’s Day, Microchipping, German Week, & Spring Finds
Let’s start with ALDI Finds for the week of 5/4/22, including German Week foods, gluten free pasta, Mother’s Day flowers, and more. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
Speaking of ALDI Finds, all sorts of seasonal spring & summer products have been popping up in stores lately: Check out a number of Spring ALDI Finds, too.
And, since we can’t live on ALDI alone: May the Fourth be with you! Bad Kitty Lucy has claimed this Baby Yoda Squishmallow for her very own — and there’s even more Caturday fun, including her recent adventures with microchipping. Then lastly, over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from rainbow sloths to a Marie Antoinette salt shaker — and, even more.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
Phew, busy week, right? Now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your simple ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/8/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/8/22 – 5/14/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/8/22
- Rosemary chicken & white bean soup
- The baguette
- Half of the grapes
- Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes (use cut up regular carrots)
- Cups of leftover soup from Sunday
- One pot creamy sausage pasta (substitute the jalapeño cheddar sausage for andouille, and top with a little chopped green onion)
- The rest of the grapes
- Loaded potato naan pizza (use flatbread; cut each in half)
- Green beans with red peppers (double this recipe, using 1/2 lb green beans and one bell pepper)
- Sheet pan sausage, green beans, & potatoes
- Hard boil up 4 eggs, too, then cool in the fridge until you’re ready to add them to chopped side salad — made with: The garden salad, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped carrots & celery, and one chopped bell pepper
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/7/22
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $2.80
8 oz brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.39
Emporium Selected shredded Parmesan, $2.29
Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese, $3.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded sharp cheddar, $3.49
Specially Selected artisan flatbread, $4.19
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.89
Tuscan Garden bacon bits, $1.29
48 oz value size box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.79
12 oz Reggano rotini, $.95
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.72
Can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.71
Can Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $.71
5.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $8.20
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.49
Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $4.79
8 oz Parkview cheddar jalapeño sausage, $3.29
3 lbs red grapes, $4.17
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads of garlic, $1.69
2 lbs carrots, $1.39
16 oz package of green beans, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.89
Bag of garden salad, $1.49
2 lbs zucchini, $2.78
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
That comes to: $70.84
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/1-5/7 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/4-5/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/8/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.