Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/22/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from a honey lime ginger vegetarian stir fry to slow cooker Mediterranean chicken drumsticks — and, so much more.
Let’s again ALDI meal plan out our week, with a lot of fresh produce this time as I’m starting to feel SPRING! As always: Six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes and dinner ideas to help reduce mealtime stress, and to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Use this weekly menu plan as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/22/22 – 5/28/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
*** Subscribe to the weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
But first, what’s new? Let’s quick catch up on ALDI Finds and more:
Cinnamon churros, vegan dumplings, and chicken drumsticks
As always, let’s start with ALDI Finds for the week of 5/18/22 — which include cinnamon churros, pretzel buns, vegan dumplings, fire pits, and more. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
Then, with prices through the roof lately, let’s talk about some different ways to prepare one of the most affordable cuts of meat: The humble chicken drumstick.
There are so many interesting ways to cook these up, and they don’t have to be boring– so check out some chicken drumsticks recipes to help you think about them differently.
Lastly, a brief detour into fun and savings over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from selfies with dogs to Shakespearean insult bandages — and more.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
Now that we’re caught up, here’s your simple ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/22/22. Sign up for our weekly email, so that you never miss another one!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/22/22 – 5/28/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/22/22
- Comforting kielbasa potato soup, topped with additional cheddar
- Spring mix salad topped with chopped carrot, chopped green onion, and chopped tomato
- Honey lime ginger vegetarian stir fry
- Carrot stir fry with green onions
- Serve both over cooked rice (cook up a double batch if desired, so that you have rice ready for Wednesday’s recipe as well)
- Chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa (substitute Roma tomatoes)
- Half of the grapes
- Spring mix salad topped with half of a peeled and chopped cucumber + chopped green onion
- Slow cooker Mediterranean chicken drumsticks (cut the drumsticks off the thighs from the bag of leg quarters and use those)
- Serve this over cooked rice
- The rest of the grapes
- Roasted chile-lime chicken & potatoes (use thighs cut from the 10 lb bag of leg quarters)
- The last of your spring mix salad, topped with chopped carrot, the rest of your cucumber, and thinly sliced onion
- Slow cooker garlic lime chicken thighs (use the rest of the chicken you cut up from the bag of chicken leg quarters)
- Cilantro lime rice (use long grain white rice)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/21/22
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.79
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar cheese, $1.85
3 lb bag Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.19
Berryhill honey bear, $3.99
5.75 oz jar Tuscan Garden pimiento stuffed manzanilla olives, $1.29
Simply Nature organic aged balsamic vinaigrette, $1.99
Burman’s reduced sodium soy sauce, $1.59
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can of Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.71
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.49
10 lb bag chicken leg quarters, $5.50
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.38
16 oz bag of limes, $2.99
1 mango, $.69
Bunch cilantro, $.85
Bunch green onions, $.85
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
8 oz bag sugar snap peas, $2.39
3 lbs red grapes, $4.47
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.38
8 oz spinach, $1.69
16 oz Simply Nature organic spring mix salad, $4.89
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.69
5 lbs baking potatoes, $3.59
8 oz jalapeños, $.89
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
10 Roma tomatoes, $1.60
That comes to: $70.79
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/15-5/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/18-5/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/22/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.