It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/21/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
So much ALDI fun to talk about this week…
For instance, let’s talk about my favorite ALDI finds of the week: Stripe-y rugs, pretty pots, Easter baking sales, and more! Check out my ALDI picks of the week, and please do share your own faves as well.
Or, we could talk about a fun little life hack for nights when you’re not feeling like much cooking: Here’s how I turn one Chipotle burrito bowl into a meal for four, with just a couple of easy ALDI additions.
Lastly, for those of you who are Chicaogland-local: Let’s talk about these new meal planning library programs I’m doing! Find out what this program covers and where I’ll be next, and please do get in touch if you’d like me to present on meal planning at your library (or for another group).
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 4/21/19 – 4/27/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/21/19
- Sunday: Easter ham — make it in the Crock-Pot or follow your own favorite family recipe. 🙂 Serve with pineapple, crescent rolls, Parmesan garlic roasted potatoes, and roasted asparagus with Parmesan (substitute shredded Parmesan for grated on both of these; you can cook the asparagus at 400 degrees during the last 10-15 minutes cooking time of the potatoes, depending on thickness).
- Monday: Ham and asparagus linguine (substitute linguine since ALDI doesn’t normally carry fettucine; try adding in a little sauteed chopped onion, too, per review suggestions). Serve with mandarins and toasted sourdough. Note: If you want to lighten up the recipe a bit, try substituting half & half for the heavy cream.
- Tuesday: Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata with garlic herb goat cheese, along with roasted browned butter carrots (get these in the oven about when you start making the frittata).
- Wednesday: Slow cooker very vegetable soup (sub in the can of crushed tomatoes for whole, because whole are seasonal), along with leftover ham & Swiss sandwiches on sourdough, plus celery + carrot sticks (use whatever carrots you have left).
- Thursday: Paprika roasted chicken & potatoes, plus a side salad made with half the romaine, one chopped bell pepper, two tomatoes, half of the cucumber, and chopped hard boiled eggs.
- Friday: Chicken & biscuits pot pie, mandarins, and a salad made with the other half of the romaine, the rest of the cucumber, two tomatoes, and one chopped bell pepper.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/20/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.17
16 oz Countryside Creamery heavy whipping cream, $1.95
Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $1.99
Bake House Creations 16 oz jumbo flaky biscuits, $.89
Bake House Creations crescent rolls, $.89
Happy Farms deli sliced Swiss cheese, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.79
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
23 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
16 oz SimplyNature organic linguine, $1.19
Can Happy Harvest green beans, $.49
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
Can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
9 lb Appleton Farms spiral-sliced ham, $7.65
12 oz Never Any! Chicken apple sausage, $2.99
3 lbs mandarins, $2.39
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
3 heads romaine, $1.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
2 lbs asparagus, $3.78
3 heads garlic, $.99
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
4 Roma tomatoes, $.65
That comes to $59.90.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/14-4/20 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/17-4/23 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/17/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/21/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.