I’m available for meal planning programs at libraries and other places or groups in the Chicagoland area; please email [email protected] for rates and availability.
Recent and upcoming meal planning programs
- Recent programs
- Homer Township Public Library District, Thursday July 25 2019, 7:00 PM
- Plainfield Public Library, Tuesday April 2 2019, 7:00 PM
- Evergreen Park Public Library, Thursday Oct 24 2019, 6:30 PM
Meal Planning program description
Mastering Meal Planning: How to feed your family on a budget
Struggling to get dinner on the table on busy weeknights? Finding yourself turning to fast food, pizza, or carryout just a little too often? In Mastering Meal Planning, expert meal planner and frugal recipe developer Rachel Singer takes you through the basics of meal planning for your family. Meal planning and home cooking changed Rachel’s life, letting her feed her family more affordably and helping her drop 40 pounds in just two years. Here, she shares some of her favorite meal planning tips with you.
- Find out how meal planning can improve your own family’s life and eating habits
- Learn how meal planning and home cooking help you save money and avoid food waste
- Find tips on how to save time by meal prepping and incorporating leftovers into future recipes
- See how to plan meals around grocery sales
- Learn how to make meal plans work for your own family.
Attendees will also receive a list of resources to help them with their own meal planning efforts.
Former librarian Rachel Singer writes about easy family recipes and meal planning at MashupMom.com, where real food meets real life! She is the author of Point, Click, and Save, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Couponing, and Almost All ALDI, and also maintains two thriving Facebook communities (around topics ranging from ALDI recipes to finding deals). Throughout her work, Rachel is passionate about helping families eat more affordably and healthfully — but with with a recognition of the balance we all need in our busy lives.