Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/17/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from an Easter ham to chipotle taco soup — and so much more.
I’m so sorry to have to raise the budget this week, but inflation is hitting even ALDI — especially on staples like meat, dairy, and produce. And, you deserve a decent Easter dinner! So, we’re now doing six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes to help take the stress out of dinnertime decisions this week, and save time and money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 4/17/22 – 4/23/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Easter Ham, and saving on groceries
ALDI Finds for the week of 4/13/22 include gluten free skillets, Easter ham, very large shrimp, bags of garden soil, and much, much more. Check out all of my favorite Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
And on that note of feeling the pinch of inflation lately, with price increases even at ALDI: Here are five tips to help you save more on groceries, and fight inflation one shopping trip at a time.
Lastly, over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from Mentos nail polish to Cheeto dust finger protectors, and more!
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/17/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/17/22 – 4/23/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/17/22
- Ham — cook it up in the Crock-Pot, per package directions, or using your own favorite method
- This is not a green bean casserole
- Totally inauthentic challah
- Cut up the pineapple
- Ham hand pies with spinach (use 5 oz regular spinach instead of baby)
- Half of the grapes
- Oven baked leftover ham quesadillas
- Mix the rest of the spinach with the bag of garden salad for side salad, and top that with chopped yellow bell pepper & chopped green onion
- Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata (substitute softened cream cheese for the goat cheese, chopped into chunks, and season your frittata with Italian seasoning + oregano + garlic to taste)
- The other half of the grapes
- Cream cheese pasta bake with French fried onions
- Make garlic bread with half of the Italian bread
- Chipotle taco soup with ground beef (use the orange bell pepper)
- Toast up the rest of the Italian loaf
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/16/22
Dairy & refrigerated
One dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.29
2 cans Bake House Creations crescent rolls, $2.58
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.69
Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.19
2 bricks 8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $2.78
12 oz Happy Farms sharp shredded cheddar, $3.49
L’Oven Fresh Italian bread, $1.99
6 oz can Chef’s Cupboard French fried onions, $2.25
32 oz box Simply Nature organic beef broth, $1.49
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $1.00
Reggano marinara sauce, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
1 can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
1 can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
1 can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
1 can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $1.29
9 lb Appleton Farms spiral sliced ham, $10.71
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $7.98
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $3.99
3 lbs red grapes, $3.87
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.38
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.69
Bag of garden salad, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.89
16 oz pack green beans, $1.69
1 medium sweet potato, $.25
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.89
That comes to: $70.37
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/10-4/16 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/13-4/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, and non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/17/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.