It’s your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/11/22, from a sweet & tangy honey lime ginger vegetarian stir fry, to an easy skillet chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa — and more.
We’re rocketing through December now; how are we almost in 2023? Week after week, month after month, year after year — But we’re still bringing you six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these weekly menu plans to help bring your family together around home-cooked meals, and to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Meal plans can be an easy starting point, too; just modify your own family’s dinners around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and any dietary needs or preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 12/11/22 – 12/17/22
Cook along with us and answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about this week’s new ALDI Finds & get a couple more updates.
Brioche stars and the year’s best recipes
ALDI Finds for the week of 12/7/22 include brioche trees and stars, Christmas shaped pasta, wild herring, cat scratch houses, and more! Plus, new seasonal holiday Finds to check out.
But wait, there’s more…
We’ve had a lot of fun cooking together over the past year, haven’t we? Let’s look back on some of that fun, with the top ten Mashup Mom recipes from 2022! Let me know: What are some of your own faves?
Lastly, new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include snails for your tea, quantum physics for babies, and more. Think white elephant gifts…
- This HUGE list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
That’s it, so, without further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/11/22. *** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 12/11/22 – 12/17/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 12/11/22
- Roasted chile-lime chicken & potatoes (use red potatoes)
- Roasted broccoli & carrots (use 1/2 the broccoli & top with shredded Parm at the end instead of grated)
- 30 minute chicken broccoli stir fry (use 1.25 lbs chicken)
- Carrot stir fry with green onions
- Serve with cooked rice
- Chicken burrito bowls (use 1.25 lbs chicken). Melt in some shredded cheddar, & top with chopped green onion and avocado slices.
- Side salad, topped with one chopped bell pepper, chopped green onion, and shredded Parmesan
- Chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa (substitute the 6 cheaper Roma tomatoes in here, but switch to vine-ripe for more flavor if your budget allows)
- Crisp sauteed red potatoes — Just cut up regular red potatoes into chunks, instead of using baby
- Honey lime ginger vegetarian stir fry, topped with chopped green onion
- Easy garlic green beans with soy sauce
- Serve with cooked rice
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 12/10/22
*** Psst — check below this grocery list for easy one-stop Instacart shopping, as well as an easy-print version!
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $2.09
Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $2.59
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.29
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.99
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.71
1 can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.79
1 can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.79
4.5 lb family pack boneless skinless chicken breast, $12.56
5.5 lb family pack bone-in chicken thighs, $10.29
1 lb bag of limes, $2.29
1 mango, $.69
3 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $5.07
8 oz bag sugar snap peas, $2.49
16 oz bag green beans, $1.79
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.99
Bag of Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.89
8 oz jalapeño peppers, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.59
5 lb bag of red potatoes, $3.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
1.25 lbs zucchini, $1.61
6 Roma tomatoes, $1.80
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
2 avocados, $1.18
That comes to: $70.92
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. See needed pantry staples below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add more than one of an item, or to change the weight of items. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change the following
- Change the mushrooms quantity to three; change the tomatoes quantity to six; change the avocados quantity to two.
- Change the weight of the boneless chicken breast to 4.5 lbs; change the weight of the bone-in thighs to 5.5 lbs.
- Change the weight of the broccoli crowns to 1.5 lbs; change the weight of the zucchini to 1.25 lbs.
- Click “add” on any items you want to place in your cart; omit any items you don’t want or already have.
- Add anything else you need for the week to your cart, and check out!
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk, always double checking your cart against the recipes. It’s a work in progress! Also note that Instacart prices are generally higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, butter, canola or vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, cornstarch, honey, chili powder, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, ground ginger, Italian seasoning, black pepper, Kosher salt, seasoned salt, sea salt
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, try opening in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/4-12/10 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/7-12/13 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/11/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.