It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/28/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
In a hurry? Don’t like something in this week’s plan? Try these ideas…
It’s always good to have options! If one or more of this week’s meals doesn’t strike your fancy (or if you’re in a hurry some evening…), check out this list of 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes which can be ready in 30 minutes or less for more ideas.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/28/18 – 11/3/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/28/18
- Sunday: Simple roast chicken and vegetables (reserve two cups shredded cooked chicken for Monday).
- Monday: BBQ chicken quinoa casserole (substitute Clancy’s BBQ sauce and top with avocado & cilantro), plus apples.
- Tuesday: Fajita-inspired sheet pan chicken thighs & peppers with chili roasted potatoes (use regular gold potatoes, & cook at 425 on a separate pan while cooking the chicken and peppers; reduce cooking time slightly). You can throw a little cilantro on top of everything at the end if you have some left, and so desire.
- Wednesday: Slow cooker chicken chickpea stew (use vegetable broth), served over cooked quinoa. Apples.
- Thursday: Southwest quinoa unstuffed peppers, sweet kale chopped salad.
- Friday: Smoked sausage & spinach soup (use regular instead of baby spinach — throw it all in, because extra spinach never hurt), plus baguette.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/27/18
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar cheese, $2.59
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Tuscan Garden Spanish Manzanilla (green) olives w/ pimiento, $1.19
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
16 oz SimplyNature organic quinoa, $3.49
1 box SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.49
1 box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
1 can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
3 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted tomatoes, $2.67
1 can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $1.38
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $1.38
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
1 can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chilies, $.65
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
6 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $4.74
Parkview 14 oz Polska kielbasa, $2.29
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
Little Salad Bar sweet kale chopped salad kit, $2.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
Two 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $3.78
3 lb Gala apples, $1.49
Bunch cilantro, $.59
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.89
Two 3-packs multi-colored bell peppers, $4.78
2 avocados, $.98
That comes to $60.97.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/21-10/27 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/24-10/30 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/24/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/28/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.