Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/23/22! Cook up everything from a deconstructed vegetarian enchiladas skillet to slow cooker Mediterranean chicken — and, so much more.
We’re ba-ack…! And as always, we’re cooking up six complete dinners for four: $70 out the door. Use our weekly menu plan to help bring your family together around home-cooked dinners, and save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
You can also take any meal plan as a starting point, modifying your own dinners around what’s in stock in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 10/23/22 – 10/29/22
Cook along with us to answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
*** Subscribe to our weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about this week’s new ALDI Finds and news.
Donut sticks & French ovens
ALDI Finds for the week of 10/19/22 include donut sticks, Asian sauces, beer potato chips, a cast iron French oven, memory foam walking shoes… and many other fun new products.
Let me know what you’re picking up this week.
And ALDI brought their L’Oven Fresh Tandoori naan back this week, at $3.29 per pack. If you are wondering how this compares to the Specially Selected naan they normally carry, check out last year’s review comparing the two products.
Lastly, new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include this elegant medieval dragon decor, burger socks in a burger box, and more!
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
That’s it, so, without further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/23/22. *** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 10/23/22 – 10/29/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 10/23/22
- Deconstructed vegetarian enchiladas skillet, topped with sour cream, chopped green onion, and 2 sliced avocados, and served with lime wedges
- Chili lime roasted potatoes: To make these, you’ll want to start them in the oven before the skillet. Roughly chop 1.5 lbs of the potatoes. Toss these with 1 Tbsp olive oil & the juice of 1/4 of a small lime, plus garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt to taste. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring halfway through.
- Creamy avocado pasta with chicken (use chicken breast instead of thighs)
- Side salad made with one chopped heart of romaine, topped with chopped green onion, 2 chopped Roma tomatoes, and the rest of the cheddar, shredded
- Chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa, garnished with chopped green onion if desired
- Simple sauteed spinach (splash a little lime juice in there, instead of lemon)
- Chicken, avocado, and mozzarella chopped salad with balsamic vinaigrette — just cut up the cheese to use, because the mozzarella balls are seasonal
- Half of the grapes
- Sheet pan rosemary chicken drumsticks
- The rest of the grapes
- Slow cooker Mediterranean chicken drumsticks
- Lime buttered broccoli, made with the rest of the broccoli
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/22/22
*** Psst — check below this grocery list for easy one-stop Instacart shopping, as well as an easy-print version!
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.79
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.69
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $2.09
Emporium Selection fresh mozzarella 8 oz, $3.69
16 oz jar Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $2.29
Simply Nature organic aged balsamic vinaigrette dressing, $2.49
Tuscan Garden pimiento stuffed manzanilla olives, $1.49
12 oz box Reggano rotini, $.95
Can of Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.79
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.89
4 oz can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.79
12 pack El Milagro corn tortillas, $.69
Can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.59
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.42
5 lb bag of chicken drumsticks, $4.45
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $11.56
2 lbs limes, $2.09
3 lbs red grapes, $2.85
1 mango, $.99
2 lbs broccoli crowns, $3.98
3 pack hearts of romaine, $2.99
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.89
1 cucumber, $.59
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lb bag yellow petite potatoes, $3.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.89
8 oz jalapeños, $.89
4 Roma tomatoes, $.80
Pack of tomatoes on the vine, $2.29
5 avocados, $2.45
That comes to: $70.32
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
*** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. See needed pantry staples below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add more than one of an item, or to change the weight of items. Before adding the list to your cart, change the following:
- Check your local ad for a special 5 lb bag of chicken drumsticks for $4.45, which hasn’t made it into Instacart, and add a note to your shopper to include this. (If meat buys vary in your area, substitute their regularly-stocked family pack of drumsticks — although it will be more per lb.)
- Also add a note to your shopper you want a 4 lb pack of b/s chicken breast, rather than the random 4.875 lbs it defaults to
- Change the canned black beans quantity to two, change the Roma tomatoes quantity to four, and change the avocados quantity to five.
- Change the weight on your grapes to three pounds, and on your broccoli to two pounds.
- Add a 3 ct pack of multi-colored bell peppers
- Click “add” on any items you want to place in your cart; omit any items you don’t want or already have.
- Add anything else you need for the week to your cart, and check out!
Add your list to Instacart is a newer feature I’m testing out, so please use at your own risk and always double check your cart against the recipes. It’s a work in progress! Note: Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, butter, oregano, rosemary, thyme, paprika, sea salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, black pepper
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, try opening in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/16-10/22 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/19-10/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/23/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.