Easy one pan dinners make for easy weeknight dinners, and these Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks fit the bill! They cook up with potatoes and broccoli on the very same pan, creating built-in sides (and limited cleanup).
Who’s up for an easy sheet pan dinner today? Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks is:
- One pan,
- easy clean up (see one pan, above),
- tasty, and
- budget friendly!
This one is simple and affordable, especially when drumsticks go on sale (as they so often do). Sometimes we forget how good these affordable cuts of chicken can be, right? But, drumsticks can have so much flavor!
I was gifted a pack of drumsticks a while back, and recently noticed they’ve been languishing in the freezer. In an ongoing effort not to waste food, I paired that chicken with some broccoli & potatoes that also needed using up — jazzing everything up with generous amounts of garlic and seasonings!
By the way: If this recipe seems slightly familiar, I’ve updated an ancient post for you guys here — bumping up the seasonings as I’ve tweaked them over the years, and rewriting the recipe to make it a bit more clear.
Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks
2 lbs chicken drumsticks (around 6 drumsticks)
1.5 lbs potatoes, chopped
12 oz broccoli crowns, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic (about six small cloves)
1 Tbsp rosemary, crushed slightly between your fingers
2 tsp paprika
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Trim the drumsticks, if necessary, and chop your potatoes, broccoli, and garlic.
Add the chicken and vegetables to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings until nicely coated.
Arrange the drumsticks, broccoli, and potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring the veggies and flipping over the drumsticks halfway through.
Test with a meat thermometer to be sure the chicken is to temperature, then serve the drumsticks with broccoli and potatoes on the side.
Note: I was in a paprika & rosemary mood when I made this, but it’s super easy to change up your seasonings for a different flavor: Try substituting oregano & basil and sprinkling with a little grated Parmesan for the last few minutes of cooking, or try garlic & thyme plus a little fresh lemon juice.
That’s it; you can’t get much easier than this!
I just adore one pan dinners, don’t you? And roasted broccoli is just so flavorful. (Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy it, when it’s been a while!) Filling potatoes round out this simple meal, to which you can add a side salad or fruit for cooling contrast.
This easy sheet pan meal is naturally gluten free.
Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks with Broccoli & Potatoes, printable recipe
Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks around 6 drumsticks
- 1.5 lbs potatoes roughly chopped
- 12 oz broccoli crowns chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic about 6 small cloves
- 1 Tbsp rosemary crushed slightly between your fingers
- 2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Trim the drumsticks, if necessary, and chop your potatoes, broccoli, and garlic.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings until nicely coated.
- Arrange the drumsticks, broccoli, and potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring the veggies and flipping over the drumsticks halfway through.
- Test with a meat thermometer to be sure the chicken is to temperature, then serve the drumsticks with broccoli and potatoes on the side.
Recipes in the real world
Be sure not to miss the free weekly ALDI meal plans, which show you how to use these easy family recipes to meal plan affordably and realistically for your family. Or, find more recipe ideas with the Recipe Search!