Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/4/22! Enjoy everything from a hearty ground beef stew to slow cooker balsamic chicken drumsticks this week, and so much more.
What do we do in these meal plans? Oh, we just shop at ALDI to get everything we need for six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes to help reduce the stress and anxiety that can build up around dinnertime, and to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Our menu plans work as a starting point, too: Modify this week’s plan to work with what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 9/4/22 – 9/10/22
Come cook along with us to learn the answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before we jump into this week’s menu, though, here are this week’s new ALDI Finds.
Fried pickle ranch chips and Meatless Monday recipes
Another new week, more new ALDI Finds — from fried pickle ranch chips to stuffed chicken entrees. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
Are you trying to eat more vegetarian dinners lately — especially with the price of meat what it is right now!? Here are 13 (more) favorite Meatless Monday meal ideas to help inspire you.
Lastly, here’s what’s new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from a baby mustache pacifier to magnetic poetry with awful words.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
That’s it! Without further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/4/22. Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 9/4/22 – 9/10/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 9/4/22
- Simple ground beef stew (use about 1.5 lbs beef)
- Warm up the baguette
- Labor Day BBQ: Grill (or pan-cook) burgers using about 2 lbs of the ground beef; top them with cheddar, sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced onions, sliced pickles, + condiments of choice; serve on buns
- Boil up the corn on the cob
- Cut up the peaches
- Pop open the bag of chips
- Keema-inspired ground beef quesadillas (use about 1.5 lbs beef)
- Buttered baby carrots and sweet peas, made with the rest of the bag of baby carrots and the rest of the bag of frozen peas
- Sheet pan rosemary chicken drumsticks with broccoli & potatoes (use half the pack of drumsticks)
- Slow cooker balsamic chicken drumsticks with mushrooms & spinach (use regular diced tomatoes and regular spinach)
- Pan fried potatoes (use as much of the rest of the bag as you wish), adding additional garlic or seasonings as desired and topped with shredded Parmesan to taste
- Cheese tortellini with broccoli & tomatoes (steam up the rest of the fresh broccoli, instead of using frozen)
- Make a side salad with remaining spinach + the garden salad
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 9/3/22
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $2.09
8 oz Happy Farms deli-sliced cheddar, $1.99
2 packs 9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $5.98
Priano shredded Parmesan, $2.49
12 oz bag Season’s Choice steamable sweet peas, $.89
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.95
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Great Gherkins Kosher dill sandwich sliced pickles, $1.19
Clancy’s fried pickle ranch wavy potato chips, $1.89 (or chips of choice!)
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.29
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.39
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.95
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.71
Can Happy Harvest cut green beans, $.59
El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.16
5 lb pack 73% lean ground beef, $11.45
5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $7.45
4 pack sweet corn, $2.89
2 lbs peaches, $2.98
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $2.98
16 oz baby carrots, $.95
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.99
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
5 lb bag baking potatoes, $4.99
4 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $70.58
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/28-9/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/31-9/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/4/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
As always, let’s close out our week with a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.