Every week I marvel at how fast we seem to be racing through this year, although the individual days themselves often seem very slow. Is it just me? Anyway, this week’s ALDI meal plan takes us almost to the end of September already: From 9/20/20 through 9/26/20.
As always, use this plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 9/20/20 – 9/26/20
As our strange times continue to continue, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But, what’s new this week?
From German Week, to One Thing a Day
From a cheap cast iron skillet to chocolate pumpkins, from German Week to potato pierogies, and more Finds from this week’s ALDI ad. See all of my own favorite Finds of the week, here.
German Week is back at ALDI! I know a lot of you wait for this event to roll back around in stores, so let me know: What specific products have you been waiting for? What items are you always sure to stock up on?
And, now that I’m slightly more settled in my new home, let’s get back to the idea of One Thing a Day: What will you do today, to ease the life of your future self? Check out my new under cabinet lighting, for instance — as well as my amazing new sign. 🙂
ALDI Meal Planning week of 9/20/20 – 9/26/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/20/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 9/20/20
- Egg roll in a noodle bowl (use all 19.2 oz turkey)
- Half of the grapes
- Slice up the strawberries
- Southwest quinoa unstuffed peppers — top with a little chopped green onion and a little more cheese; add a splash of lime juice at the end, if desired
- The other half of the grapes
- Slow cooker salsa chicken (use 2 lbs; leave out the black beans because of the side we’re using)
- Serve over baked potatoes (reserve 1.5-2 lbs for Thurs), topped with chopped avocado and shredded cheddar
- On the side, garlicky black beans
- Slow cooker quinoa chicken chili, topped with shredded cheese
- Easy garlic cabbage and carrots (top with chopped green onion; add a little more seasoning of choice if desired)
- Roasted chile-lime chicken & potatoes substitute bone-in chicken breast and check for doneness starting at 45 minutes; slice to serve equally among four people
- Simple sheet pan green beans (cook at 400 for the last bit of chicken cooking time; it’ll be fine — give them another couple-few minutes if necessary)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 9/19/20
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms Mexican shredded cheese, $2.19
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
16 oz Simply Nature organic quinoa, $2.85
16 oz Specially Selected salsa of choice, $1.99
32 oz box Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
7 oz Simply Nature black soybean spaghetti, $2.49
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
3 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $2.67
4 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.92
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
1 can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.69
1 can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.39
19.2 oz Kirkwood 93% lean ground turkey, $2.99
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.47
5.5 lbs split chicken breast, $5.45
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
16 oz limes, $1.49
1 lb strawberries, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
5 lbs baking potatoes, $3.49
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
1 head cabbage, $1.99
16 oz green beans, $1.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.89
2 avocados, $1.38
That comes to: $60.68
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/13-9/19 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/16-9/22 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/20/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.