It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/16/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
A slightly belated Shana Tovah! Happy Rosh Hashanah, and what a perfect time of year to make my sweet & spicy apples & honey chips. 🙂 Psst — look for bags of Gala apples on sale at ALDI this week, too.
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find the easy printable ALDI meal plan and shopping list for this week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 9/16/18 – 9/22/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/16/18
- Sunday: Simple roast chicken & vegetables with sliced nectarines & strawberries (use 1 lb each).
- Monday: Slow cooker very vegetable soup (use canned corn), plus chopped salad made with one heart of romaine, two tomatoes, celery, and carrots.
- Tuesday: Chicken & biscuits pot pie, grapes, strawberries.
- Wednesday: Chicken sausage dinner salad with avocado pepperoncini dressing, French baguette.
- Thursday: Steak bites over spinach Parmesan pasta (use pre-shredded Parmesan, 8 oz regular spinach, & 12 oz pasta), along with sliced nectarines & grapes.
- Friday: Slow cooker Italian pulled chicken sandwiches (substitute thighs for breast) with skillet potatoes & green beans (cut down slightly to use 8 oz green beans and about 1 lb potatoes).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/15/18
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Bake House Creations jumbo flaky style biscuits dough, $.99
Happy Farms deli sliced mozzarella, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.75
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Tuscan Garden pepperoncini or mild pepper rings, $1.49
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie) pasta, $.79
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
28 oz can Happy Harvest whole tomatoes, $.99
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $4.23
1 lb sirloin steak, $5.99
12 oz SimplyNature chicken apple sausage, $2.99
Two 8 oz bags of spinach, $2.38
3 hearts romaine, $1.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
1 cucumber, $.59
2 lbs green grapes, $1.78
2 16 oz strawberries, $2.98
2 lb nectarines, $2.18
3 heads garlic, $1.69
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
1 lb green beans, $1.69
6 Roma tomatoes, $.99
1 avocado, $1.19
That comes to $59.89.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/9-9/15 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/12-9/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/12/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/16/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.