It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/4/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Quickly before we get started — because it’s one of my favorite holidays, y’all:
National Avocado Day and more ALDI Fun
Today 7/31/19 is National Avocado Day! ALDI is getting in on the fun with frozen avocado chunks and more avocado-related ALDI Finds this week — plus find everything you need for back-to-school lunches, from cheap sandwich bags, to lunch bags, to snack containers and more. Find more on these and all my ALDI Finds picks of the week, here.
How else do we celebrate National Avocado Day? With National Avocado Recipes, of course, so here are eleven of my favorites.
Lastly, curd, curd, curd is the word — Yes, I found cheese curds at ALDI. Yes, I oven baked them instead of frying them. Check it out!
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 8/4/19 – 8/10/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/4/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker garlic-lime chicken thighs. On the side, lime buttered broccoli (halve recipe and use about 1.5 lbs of the broccoli, reserving the rest for Thurs) and buttery garlic potatoes (use about 3 regular size potatoes and cut into eighths instead of quarters; top with a little Parmesan and/or cheddar after cooking, if desired).
- Monday: Slow cooker very vegetable soup (substitute canned crushed tomatoes, because whole tomatoes are seasonal at ALDI), baguette.
- Tuesday: Easy pork & pepper fajitas served on tortillas with shredded cheddar, chopped green onion, and almost guac (mash an avocado with a little lime juice and sea salt to taste), with cups of leftover vegetable soup and red grapes on the side.
- Wednesday: Chopped chicken avocado tomato cucumber salad, grapes.
- Thursday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders & veggies, plus skillet potatoes & green beans (use 1/2 lb green beans and regular red potatoes, just cut them smaller in the first “quartering” step).
- Friday: Smoked sausage, zucchini, & spinach pasta (use regular spinach), and a side salad made with the bag of garden salad and the rest of the spinach, topped with chopped celery, carrots, green onions, Parmesan, and bell pepper.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/3/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Simply Selected French baguette, $1.39
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
12 oz box Reggano rotini, $.99
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
1 can Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $.69
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
1 lb thin cut boneless pork chops, $3.99
2.75 lbs chicken tenderloin, $5.47
16 oz mini cucumbers, $1.49
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
16 oz limes, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
2 lbs broccoli, $2.78
2 bags 8 oz fresh spinach, $2.78
Bag garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $.99
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.29
1 lb bag green beans, $1.59
16 oz zucchini, $1.59
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
5 Roma tomatoes, $.75
3 avocados, $2.97
That comes to $60.32.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/28-8/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/31-8/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/31/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/4/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.