It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/12/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Let’s revisit these thoughts from a couple of months ago…
All I really need to know I learned in ALDI! Because: Today is a good day for some kindness. What would you add? 🙂
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find the easy printable ALDI meal plan and shopping list for this week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 8/12/18 – 8/18/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/12/18
- Sunday: Slow cooker Italian pulled chicken sandwiches — slice up half the cheddar to top, & serve with half of the watermelon.
- Monday: Italian chicken, veggie, and pasta skillet, plus put out a bowl of mixed strawberries & blueberries.
- Tuesday: Chicken sausage dinner salad with avocado pepperoncini dressing, and slice up the rest of the watermelon.
- Wednesday: Summer squash & tomato frittata (use one zucchini and two squash), toasted English muffins, grapes.
- Thursday: Bacon cheddar burgers on potato rolls — grill or pan fry the burgers, as we take advantage of this week’s special on patties! Serve with grapes, plus a side salad made with the last heart of romaine & topped with two chopped hard boiled eggs.
- Friday: Baked fish w/ Parmesan sour cream sauce (use tilapia, watch the cooking time as you might want to reduce a bit — cook til it’s opaque and flakes easily with a fork — and, if you don’t have breadcrumbs on hand, it’s easy to make your own by using your last couple deli rolls from Sunday, or any bread you have around). On the side, sauteed squash & zucchini (just use what you have left).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/11/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.29
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.79
L’Oven Fresh deli rolls, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh potato sandwich rolls, $1.49
Jar Tuscan Garden pepperoncini, $1.49
16 oz Reggano penne pasta, $.79
Two 8 oz cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
14.5 oz Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
14.5 oz Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.69
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $5.73
1.33 lbs fresh bacon cheddar seasoned beef patties, $5.29
1.5 lbs tilapia, $8.69
Never Any apple chicken sausage, $2.99
Seedless watermelon, $2.69
3 hearts romaine, $1.99
8 oz sliced mushrooms, $1.49
Pint blueberries, $1.29
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
20 oz zucchini, $1.49
20 oz yellow squash, $1.49
6 Roma tomatoes, $.90
1 avocado, $.99
That comes to $60.42.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list and printable ALDI meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/5-8/11 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/8-8/14 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/8/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/12/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.