It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/29/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
A whole foods diet on an ALDI budget — that’s what we’re all about!
This week, let’s revisit an oldie but a goodie: A whole foods diet on an ALDI budget, how to save on real foods! Do you have tips to add here? Please do comment! 🙂
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 7/29/18 – 8/4/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil & butter, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/29/18
- Sunday: Roast chipotle chicken and potatoes (shred two cups leftover chicken for Tuesday), plus orange slices.
- Monday: Creamy tomato hummus soup (use chicken instead of vegetable broth), along with Havarti grilled cheese sandwiches on sourdough, with pickle spears and mixed blueberries & strawberries on the side.
- Tuesday: Leftover chicken quesadillas (double recipe to serve four) with black bean & corn salsa for dipping. Serve with Earthly Grains Southwest grain salad and sliced watermelon.
- Wednesday: Tuna lettuce wraps (serve in romaine instead of on bread; use two of the 5 oz cans of tuna rather than one large one; adjust proportions of other ingredients to your own family’s taste). Top these with sliced tomato, and on the side, baby carrots & watermelon.
- Thursday: Southwest salsa turkey burgers topped with tomato and cheddar, plus baked potatoes. Chop up your remaining lettuce for salad on the side & top it with chopped tomato, celery, and any remaining baby carrots.
- Friday: Slow cooker chipotle chicken chili (top with chopped cilantro if you have some left in your bunch; optional), plus sourdough toast & oranges.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/28/18
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick Friendly Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz brick Happy Farms cheddar cheese, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms Preferred Havarti slices, $1.99
10 oz Little Salad Bar roasted red pepper hummus, $2.29
Simply Selected sourdough square, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Great Gherkins 24 oz Kosher pickle spears, $1.69
Box of Earthly Grains Southwest grain salad, $1.69
Specially Selected black bean & corn salsa, $1.99
Chef’s Cupboard bread crumbs, $.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Pueblo Lindo 10 ct soft taco flour tortillas, $.99
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
28 oz can crushed tomatoes, $1.19
14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Six lb whole chicken, $4.74
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $3.73
19.2 oz Fit & Active ground turkey, $3.49
2 cans Northern Catch sustainably caught 5 oz chunk light tuna, $1.98
3 lbs navel oranges, $2.79
3 hearts romaine, $1.99
16 oz baby carrots, $.99
Pint blueberries, $1.29
1 lb strawberries, $.99
Bunch cilantro, $.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.29
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $2.49
That comes to $60.60.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/22-7/28 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/25-7/31 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/25/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/22/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.