This week’s ALDI meal plan catapults us into the second half of June! It’s summer, everyone… Use this plan as a starting point, and modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 6/14/20
Let me repeat the refrain: I hope you can use these weekly meal plans to help restore some rhythm to these strange times.
What’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, and finally Etsy!
ALDI Finds for summer fun, all week long — plus, Father’s Day Finds, fresh fruit, and so much more. See my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, here!
Let’s support each other and our small businesses! Etsy Everything from masks to meal planners — and, please do submit your own Etsy shop for possible future installments.
All that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/14/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
ALDI Meal Planning 6/14/20 – 6/20/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 6/14/20
- Slow cooker salsa chicken, served in tortillas with 1 chopped avocado, shredded cheddar, and chopped green onions
- Reserve 1.5 cups shredded cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe
- Slice up pineapple on the side (and check out the slicer/corer tool in this week’s ad!)
- Pesto tortellini with chicken, spinach, & tomatoes, topped with Parmesan
- Half the grapes
- Leftover chicken taco soup (use shredded salsa chicken; it’ll be great!), topped with chopped green onion and shredded cheddar
- Side salad made with the garden salad, chopped green onion, & the other half of the bag of spinach
- Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner
- On the side, balsamic peppers (use 1.5 peppers, and throw in half a yellow onion, sliced into half moons)
- Sausage & pepper chipotle flatbread pizza
- On the side, pesto green beans and
- Cups of leftover taco soup
- Toasted open face Caprese sandwiches with avocado
- The other half of the grapes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 6/13/20
Dairy & refrigerated
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
4 oz Emporium Selection goat cheese, $1.99
8 oz Emporium Selection marinated mozzarella braid, $3.99
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.65
Pack Fit & Active original flatbreads, $2.75
Specially Selected ciabatta rolls 6 pack, $2.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Casa Mamita organic chipotle lime salsa, $1.99
Priano Genovese pesto, $2.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
2 cans 8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.39
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $8.51
Never Any chicken apple sausage, $3.19
2 lbs red grapes, $1.58
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
Head of cauliflower, $2.29
8 oz spinach, $.99
Bag garden salad, $1.19
Bunch green onions, $.69
1 lb French green beans, $1.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 avocados, $1.98
4 Roma tomatoes, $.80
That comes to $60.66
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/7-6/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/10-6/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/14/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.