It’s the last ALDI meal plan of May 2018! Behold: Your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/27/18. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
VERY LAST WEEK to use the great ALDI Instacart code!
It’s your last chance to use this fantastic code to try out ALDI on Instacart — $20 off your first order of $35, plus free delivery, is still valid until end-May!
- *** See what I thought, what to look out for, the $20 off $35 code, and a couple of tips in my ALDI Instacart review.
(And I have to admit, it was kind of handy to have groceries delivered to my door…)
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week.
ALDI meal planning week of 5/27/18 – 6/2/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/27/18
*** Yes, it’s a lot of ground beef this week — But the Memorial Day sale meats this week include a big 5 lb pack, so that’s how the math worked out. Another option is to freeze part of the pack for later use and just substitute one of your own favorite recipes for the beef-heavy night(s).
- Sunday: Smoky chicken leg quarters with fresh corn. Serve with sliced pineapple.
- Monday for your Memorial Day BBQ: Grill up burgers (use 2.5 lbs of the ground beef) and serve on buns with sliced tomato and onion, plus grill or boil up four ears of corn. Serve those burgers and corn with watermelon.
- Tuesday: Taco naan pizza (use 1.5 lbs ground beef to account for extra shrinkage with 73% beef). Top with sour cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado and serve with strawberries.
- Wednesday: Pasta with homemade weeknight pasta sauce (use 1 lb ground beef and drain well, since it’s the 73%), along with a side salad made from one head of romaine, and the rest of your watermelon.
- Thursday: Quick veggie fajitas (use yellow onion, and either all squash or all zucchini, your choice). Serve on tortillas with diced tomato, sour cream, and avocado, plus black beans on the side.
- Friday: Chopped tomato mozzarella salad with chicken sausage. Serve with skinny garlic bread — halve sandwich skinnys, spread with butter or margarine & sprinkle with garlic salt, then broil for a few minutes until browned (can be done in a toaster oven!).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/26/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella balls in water, $3.29
Specially Selected naan, $3.79
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
L’Oven Fresh sandwich skinnys, $1.99
Reggano rotini, $.79
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
Casa Mamita refried beans, $.79
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
3.5 lbs chicken leg quarters, $3.12
5 lbs 73% ground beef, $9.95
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
8 ears of corn, $2.00
3 heads of romaine, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.19
20 oz pack zucchini or yellow squash (your choice), $1.49
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.29
24 oz vine tomatoes, $1.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.29
3 avocados, $3.27
That comes to $59.68.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/20-5/26 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/23-5/29 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/23/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/27/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.