Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/29/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
ALDI Instacart Review (and Code!)
So, remember I told you way back when that I had tried ALDI on Instacart when it became available in my area, and promised to review the service for you posthaste? Wellll… better late than never, because the code for $20 off your first order of $35 plus free delivery is still valid until end-May!
- *** See what I thought, what to look out for, the $20 off $35 code, and a couple of tips in my ALDI Instacart review.
(And I have to admit, it was kind of handy to have groceries delivered to my door…)
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and just scroll down to find an easy printable shopping list.
ALDI meal planning week of 4/29/18 – 5/5/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/29/18
- Sunday: Simple skillet chicken drumsticks. Serve with skillet potatoes & green beans (use 1/2 lb green beans and 1 lb potatoes) + blueberries.
- Monday: Summer squash & tomato frittata (use some halved grape tomatoes instead of sliced Roma). Garnish with a little chopped cilantro if desired; serve with sliced avocado and sliced cantaloupe.
- Tuesday: Cheesy garlic chicken drumsticks with sliced pineapple and roasted chipotle potatoes on the side (just cut the bigger red ones up since you don’t have baby potatoes; start in the oven a few minutes before the drumsticks).
- Wednesday: Easy beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini (substitute halved grape tomatoes for chopped Roma). Serve with the baguette and spring mix salad.
- Thursday: Sheet pan sausage, green bean, and potato dinner. Serve with spring mix salad topped with the last of your grape tomatoes.
- Friday: Panko tilapia with crispy baked zucchini chips (use one zucchini + one squash, given that ALDI ones are usually smaller) + spring mix salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/28/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.98
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz block Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $1.99
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano Parmesan wedge, $3.79
Specially Selected baguette, $1.69
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Chef’s Cupboard whole wheat panko, $1.49
Parkview or Fit & Active kielbasa, $2.29
5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.95
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.99
24 oz tilapia, $8.69
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
SimplyNature organic 16 oz spring mix salad, $3.79
Pint blueberries, $2.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
5 lb red potatoes, $3.29
20 oz zucchini, $1.19
20 oz yellow squash, $1.19
16 oz green beans, $1.19
2 pints organic grape tomatoes, $3.38
That comes to $59.88.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/22-4/28 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/25-5/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/25/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/29/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.