It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/28/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Some dishy ALDI gossip for your week
While we are ALDI-ing this week, here’s just a little fun ALDI-related dishy reading! Who knew that there could be such drama underlying a discount grocery chain?
Plus, everything from protein wraps to patio furniture, all in the highlights of this week’s ALDI Finds. (But I actually didn’t so much care for these wraps — did you??)
Lastly, for those of you who are Chicaogland-local: Let’s talk about these new meal planning library programs I’m doing! Find out what this program covers and where I’ll be next, and please do get in touch if you’d like me to present on meal planning at your library (or for another group).
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 4/28/19 – 5/4/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/28/19
Note: If the pears are unripe when you buy them, put them in a paper bag on your counter to ripen and they should be good by Thursday.
- Sunday: Perfect Instant Pot ribs. (No Instant Pot? Instead, cut the ribs to fit your Crock-Pot, season with the dry rub, and slow cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high with 1/2 cup water. Then, proceed with the rest of the recipe to finish in the oven.) Serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side, plus cream cheese corn (top with some chopped green onions).
- Monday: Vegetarian white bean wraps with feta & guacamole (reserve 3-4 of the tomatoes for tomorrow), plus the cantaloupe.
- Tuesday: Chicken burrito bowls (use 1 lb cut up chicken tenderloin instead of breast). Top with the other half of the guacamole, chopped green onions, and shredded cheddar. On the side: Simple tomato cucumber salad (substitute yellow onion for red).
- Wednesday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet. On the side, make a salad with the garden salad + the rest of the open bag of spinach + the rest of the feta crumbles.
- Thursday: Sneaky ground beef + mushroom tacos. Serve in taco shells & top with chopped green onions, salsa, & shredded cheddar, with sliced pears on the side. If you run out of taco shells, you also have the last couple of spinach wraps from Monday to use — slice each wrap in half and roll around the ground beef mixture like a little burrito, so that each person gets one of those in addition to the crunchy tacos. 🙂
- Friday: Cheesy sausage, rice, & spinach skillet (use the can of broth), sliced pears.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/27/19
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.79
8 oz brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
Happy Farms Preferred crumbled feta, $2.19
Park Street Deli 2 pack (16 oz total) classic guacamole, $2.99
16 oz Season’s Choice frozen sweet corn, $.95
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.29
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
15 oz can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
Can Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Casa Mamita taco shells, $.89
4 lbs St. Louis spare ribs, $7.96
3 lbs chicken tenderloin, $5.97
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.89
12 oz Never Any spinach feta chicken sausage, $2.99
3 lbs anjou pears, $2.49
2 bags 8 oz fresh spinach, $3.78
Garden salad, $.89
2 cucumbers, $1.18
3 baby bella mushrooms 8 oz packs, $2.97
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
16 oz Campari tomatoes, $1.99
That comes to $60.63.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/21-4/27 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/24-4/30 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/24/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/28/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.