Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/22/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
ALDI Instacart Review (and Code!)
So, remember I told you way back when that I had tried ALDI on Instacart when it became available in my area, and promised to review the service for you posthaste? Wellll… better late than never, because the code for $20 off your first order of $35 plus free delivery is still valid until end-May!
- *** See what I thought, what to look out for, the $20 off $35 code, and a couple of tips in my ALDI Instacart review.
(And I have to admit, it was kind of handy to have groceries delivered to my door…)
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 4/22/18 – 4/28/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/22/18
- Sunday: Sheet pan balsamic BBQ turkey meatloaf dinner (substitute one of the large baking potatoes for the gold). Serve with garden salad on the side, which you can make more interesting by chopping it up along with either the yellow or orange bell pepper, a stalk or two of celery, and a tomato.
- Monday: Slow cooker black bean stuffed potatoes (reserve 1/2 cup of your jar of salsa for tomorrow’s recipe; substitute baking potatoes for sweet). Top with shredded cheddar, diced tomato, and diced avocado. Serve with sliced mango and red grapes.
- Tuesday: Southwest salsa turkey burgers. Serve on hamburger buns, topped with sliced cheddar, sliced tomato, and sliced avocado. Serve with sliced cantaloupe and strawberries.
- Wednesday: Italian wedding soup with turkey meatballs (use 8 oz chopped baby carrots instead of the 2 medium carrots). Serve with the baguette; slice up any tomatoes you have left and top with a little salt to taste.
- Thursday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes (substitute baking for gold potatoes). Also, slice up the yellow or orange bell pepper and cut an onion into large chunks. Add these and the other half of your green beans to a separate baking sheet and toss with a little olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and garlic to taste, then throw the pan of veggies into the oven to roast for the last 20 minutes or so of the baking time for the chicken & potatoes, stirring halfway through.
- Friday: Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata with garlic herb goat cheese. Have leftover Italian wedding soup on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/21/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.28
8 oz brick Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano Parmesan wedge, $3.79
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Specially Selected black bean & corn salsa, $1.99
Chef’s Cupboard plain bread crumbs, $.89
2 32 oz boxes SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $3.78
La Moderna small shells, $.33
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
8 oz jar Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.79
3 lb Jennie-O 90% lean ground turkey, $6.99
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.23
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
2 mangoes, $1.38
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $.89
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
1 lb red grapes, $1.19
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.49
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.49
1 lb green beans, $1.49
2 avocados, $2.18
That comes to $59.98.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/15-4/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/18-4/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/18/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/22/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.