It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/2/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door, in our first free ALDI meal plan of February 2020. (Yes, already?!)
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
I Heart ALDI — Valentine’s Day, and a giveaway!
ALDI is where the heart is with this week’s Valentine’s Day Finds, ranging from mommy & me fleece lined leggings, to chocolate, to bakeware, to 3 wick candles and more.
It’s my blog-iversary! Mashup Mom just turned ELEVEN, believe it or not — and Almost All ALDI is celebrating its first birthday. I’m giving you the presents with two separate giveaways for $25 ALDI gift cards:
You can enter separately on each site, for a chance to win one of four $25 gift cards (two in each giveaway).
Lastly, here’s a quick and easy new recipe that isn’t included in this week’s plan (because potstickers were so two weeks ago, and most stores are out already!). Save this shortcut wonton soup with spinach recipe for the next special buy, or throw it together sooner if you stocked your freezer while these were available.
PHEW. That’s all that’s new, so: On to this week’s free ALDI meal plan.
ALDI meal planning week of 2/2/20 – 2/8/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 2/2/20
Note: Substitute white onion where recipes call for yellow onion this week.
- Sunday: Happy Big Game Day! Enjoy taco naan pizza (use 1.5 lbs ground beef), topped with cilantro, 2 diced avocados, chopped onion, and 2 diced tomatoes. On the side, the best black beans.
- Monday: Simple vegetarian white bean soup (use a handful of baby carrots rather than 2 whole). Top with shredded Parmesan, and serve with toasted English muffins.
- Tuesday: Sneaky ground beef & mushroom tacos (use 1.5 lbs ground beef, and cut down to 8 oz baby bella mushrooms). Top with cilantro, shredded cheddar, 1 diced avocado, chopped onion, and 2 diced tomatoes. On the side, buttered carrots and green beans: Boil 8 oz green beans in salted water until crisp tender (about 5 minutes), then transfer to ice water. Add the rest of your bag of baby carrots to the same boiling water and boil for about 1.5-2 minutes, until crisp tender. Add to the same ice water. Saute the cooked veggies in butter over medium heat for about two minutes or until heated through, seasoning to taste with sea salt, black pepper, and thyme.
- Wednesday: Easy penne pasta bake (use 2 lbs ground beef), plus make a side salad with the garden salad + the rest of your spinach.
- Thursday: Smoked sausage + tortellini skillet, cups of leftover soup from Monday.
- Friday: Sheet pan pesto chicken drumsticks with green beans + tomatoes. Steam up the rest of the broccoli, and top with any remaining shredded cheddar.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/1/20
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.69
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.65
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
15 oz Emporium Selection ricotta, $1.69
9 oz tri-colored three cheese Priano tortellini, $1.99
Specially Selected mini naan, $3.49
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.09
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
16 oz Reggano penne pasta, $.99
24 oz Priano marinara, $1.89
6.5 oz Priano pesto, $2.19
3 cans Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $1.47
Can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.49
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Casa Mamita refried beans, $.85
Casa Mamita taco seasoning packet, $.29
Casa Mamita taco shells, $.89
Pueblo Lindo diced green chiles, $.65
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.35
5 lbs 73% lean ground beef, $9.95
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.23
2 lbs white onions, $1.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Garden salad, $1.29
1 lb broccoli, $1.69
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $3.78
16 oz green beans, $1.69
4 Roma tomatoes, $.50
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
3 avocados, $1.47
That comes to: $60.94.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/26-2/1 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/29-2/4 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/2/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general), also come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.