It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/16/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
The cutest little plants, the biggest lasagna
Green lentils, large lasagna, little plants? Check, check, and check again! These kalanchoe are so cute in their painted pots, plus: An affordable dozen roses, stock up on green lentils and split peas, frozen avocado chunks are back, and all my other favorite ALDI Finds this week.
What else — Oh, Sunday Feb. 9 was National Pizza Day. If you missed it, though, no one has to know: Celebrate pizza any day with this roundup of 15 pizza and pizza-related recipes, then let’s move straight on into this week’s free ALDI meal plan.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 2/16/20 – 2/22/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 2/16/20
Sunday: Low carb taco casserole topped with avocado & sour cream. On the side: Carrots need butter & thyme, and mixed berries. You might also want to make Tuesday’s lentil side dish ahead of time and refrigerate it, to save time later.
Monday: Vegetarian three bean & lentil chili (reserve and save one oz tomato paste for tomorrow’s recipe), topped with a little sour cream & cheddar. Chop and oven roast up 2 lbs of the potatoes with a little olive oil, seasoned salt, chili powder, and garlic powder to taste, at 425 for ~30 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve your chili over the potatoes. On the side, sliced pineapple.
Tuesday: Simple skillet chicken drumsticks and Canal House lentils Substitute a little chopped onion for the leek — and, since it takes so long to cook the lentils, you can make this ahead on Sunday and keep for tonight; start checking lentils for done-ness at 35-40 minutes).
Wednesday: Slow cooker balsamic chicken drumsticks w/ mushrooms & spinach (use regular diced tomatoes). Serve with balsamic peppers (using the orange and yellow bell peppers).
Thursday: Slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken potato casserole. Serve with the garden salad topped with diced tomatoes & cucumber, thinly sliced onion, and ranch.
Friday: Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes , along with roasted asparagus. To make this: Spread trimmed asparagus out on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat, season with sea salt and black pepper, & roast at 425 for about 10 minutes (depending on thickness) until crisp-tender.
Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/15/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
2 blocks 8 oz Happy farms cheddar, $3.30
12 oz Season’s Choice steamable Brussels sprouts, $1.09
Priano balsamic vinegar, $1.99
Tuscan Garden ranch dressing, $1.39
Tuscan Garden real bacon bits, $1.29
Burman’s hot sauce, $1.99
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
16 oz Dakota’s Pride dried green lentils, $.95
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.49
Happy Harvest corn, $.48
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.59
Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.69
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.76
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.47
1 lb strawberries, $1.29
6 oz blackberries, $1.19
Bunch green onions, $.69
1 lb baby carrots, $.89
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.69
Garden salad, $1.29
1 lb asparagus, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Head of cauliflower, $2.49
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $2.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
2 avocados, $1.98
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $59.84.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, this should open in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/9-2/15 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/12-2/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/16/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.