Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/3/21: This week, we’re cooking up everything from a balsamic BBQ turkey meatloaf dinner to a vegetarian bowties & beans pasta — plus, so much more!
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Here’s your latest free meal plan from Mashup Mom. Every week, you’ll find a brand new variety of ALDI recipes — and get a brand new chance to save time & money with meal planning. Get dinner time covered, and try something different with your family.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 10/3/21 – 10/9/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
99 cent cards, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, and cutie cats
Pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pretty plants, shredded Gruyere, cheap greeting cards, and more — Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning on picking up!
What else is new? Well, remember the pet towels that were out in the ALDI ad a couple of weeks ago? Bad Kitty Lucy is not a fan!
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/3/21.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 10/3/21 – 10/9/21
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 10/3/21
- Cheddar-garlic oven fried chicken breast — Substitute bone-in chicken breast (Will likely take 45 minutes to cook through; use a meat thermometer to check. Cut in half with poultry shears before breading, and cook on a rack in a pan for best results.)
- Slice up half of the apples
- Side salad topped with chopped green onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, and thinly sliced onion
- Sheet pan sausage, green bean, & potato dinner (use a little minced garlic instead of whole cloves)
- On a second rimmed baking sheet, cook up the orange bell pepper, a medium yellow onion, and half the head of cauliflower, all roughly chopped and tossed with olive oil, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, black pepper, and seasoned salt to taste. Roast these veggies along with your sheet pan of sausage, for an additional veggie-packed side dish.
- Bowties & beans pasta
- Heat up the take-and-bake Italian bread
- Slice up the pineapple
- Ground turkey stir fry with cauliflower rice (use the yellow pepper)
- Egg drop soup
- The rest of the apples
- Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata, topped with chopped green onion if desired
- Chop up and oven roast some yellow potatoes — toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper to taste, and start roasting them at 400 degrees 15 minutes before the frittata goes in, stirring and returning to the oven along with the frittata at that halfway mark
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/2/21
Note: Since we came in under budget (!) this week, we’ll restock a couple of condiments used in the recipes below, including BBQ sauce and balsamic vinegar.
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.19
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
2 containers 5 oz Priano shredded Parmesan, $3.96
Emporium Selection garlic herb goat cheese, $1.99
12 oz Season’s Choice plain riced cauliflower, $1.89
Specially Selected Italian bread, $2.89
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
Priano balsamic vinegar, $1.99
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.99
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
15 oz Chef’s Cupboard breadcrumbs, $.95
12 oz box Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.99
2 cans Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $1.38
2 cans Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $1.18
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
4 lbs split chicken breast, $3.96
36 oz Kirkwood 85/15 fresh ground turkey, $5.99
Never Any chicken apple sausage, $3.19
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $2.49
5 lb bag yellow potatoes, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
1 lb French green beans, $2.99
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.69
1 cucumber, $.59
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.69
8 oz bag spinach, $1.49
Head of cauliflower, $2.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $65.03
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/26-10/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/29-10/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/3/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.