It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/26/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door, in our last free ALDI meal plan of January 2020.
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
All Things Football Food at ALDI
Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week — from a lightweight six quart Dutch oven, to affordable pizza pans, to all things football food.
Want to know more about the person behind this site? Check out the January 2020 edition of Ask Rachel Anything, and ask your own questions for possible inclusion in the next installment.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 1/26/20 – 2/1/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 1/26/20
- Sunday: Roast chipotle chicken + potatoes. (Shred 2 cups of the cooked chicken, and reserve it for Tuesday’s recipe.) On the side, steam up about 3/4 lb of broccoli & top with a bit of shredded cheddar.
- Monday: Roasted cauliflower, potato, & corn chowder. Serve with the baguette and strawberries.
- Tuesday: BBQ chicken naan pizza (substitute yellow onion for red), oranges.
- Wednesday: Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner and oven roasted potatoes (chop up the last of your potatoes, and toss them on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste — pop in the oven 10 minutes before putting in the sheet pan dinner, for a total of about 40 minutes or until browned nicely, stirring halfway through). Have oranges on the side.
- Thursday: Slow cooker chipotle chicken chili. Top the chili with cilantro. On the side, garden salad topped with any remaining broccoli (chopped), a few of the mild pepper rings, and a little thinly sliced onion.
- Friday: Shrimp & mushroom quesadillas, sliced avocado, and cups of leftover chicken chili.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/25/20
Note: You’ll end up with 2 cups of leftover chicken broth this week, which you can freeze for use in later recipes. Any leftover chipotles in adobo keep in a sealed plastic container in the fridge for quite a while, or puree and freeze.
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms whole milk half gallon, $.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
8 oz Emporium Selection fresh mozzarella, $2.49
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.69
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
SimplyNature 32 oz organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz chicken broth, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Casa Mamita taco seasoning packet, $.29
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.49
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $3.44
Fremont Fish Market 12 oz medium raw peeled shrimp (frozen), $5.99
4 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
Bunch cilantro, $.69
1 head cauliflower, $1.89
24 oz broccoli, $2.54
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $2.98
Bag of garden salad, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.29
1 large sweet potato, $.75
2 avocados, $1.18
That comes to: $60.94.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/19-1/25 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/22-1/28 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/26/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general), also come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.