Happy Inauguration Day! This latest ALDI meal plan is a little later this afternoon than usual, since I have been trying to watch, listen, and type at the same time. The older I get, the harder it is to multi-task… But, here we are at last: Planning just about to the end of January already! Enjoy everything from salsa chicken soup to egg roll in a noodle bowl this week, and so much more.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/24/21 – 1/30/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, Everything Bagel Dogs, and — decorating with books
Let’s start with the top 20 ALDI Finds of the week! Oh yes, everything from deep dish pizza (two choices!), to organic frozen veggies, to Pembrook specialty planners and more.
One of this week’s ALDI Finds? These Appetitos Everything Franks in a Blanket. See what we thought of these over here, with the help of my teenage boy taste testers.
Lastly, not ALDI-related, but: The next in my irregular “What’s Rachel Reading” series is up, featuring Biblio-Style: How We Live at Home with Books. My house is decorated in cats and books; how about yours?
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/24/21 – 1/30/21
Without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/24/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/24/21
- Simple roast chicken and vegetables
- Mangoes and blueberries
- Shred 2 cups of cooked chicken and reserve for Monday’s recipe
- Easy salsa verde chicken soup, topped with chopped green onion, shredded cheddar, & sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped salad kit
- Low carb taco casserole
- Half of the grapes
- Tortilla chips
- Egg roll in a noodle bowl (substitute ground beef for the ground turkey)
- The rest of the grapes
- Kielbasa cabbage potato skillet (use the 14 oz kielbasa)
- Cut broccoli into florets. Steam until crisp-tender, drain, then toss with butter, minced garlic, and Parmesan to taste.
- Sheet pan cheddar Parmesan pork chops & green beans
- Roast up the rest of the potatoes at the same time — chop up potatoes, and toss these on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring halfway through.
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/23/21
Dairy & refrigerated
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $3.78
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.49
Emporium Selection 5 oz shredded Parmesan, $1.99
16 oz Specially Selected salsa verde, $1.95
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.35
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $1.18
32 oz Simply Nature organic chicken broth, $1.89
Simply Nature organic black soybean spaghetti, $1.99
6 lb whole roasting chicken, $4.74
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.49
2 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $5.98
2 mangoes, $1.38
Pint blueberries, $1.49
2 lbs green grapes, $2.78
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
Little Salad Bar Southwest chopped salad kit, $1.99
1 head cauliflower, $2.39
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.49
16 oz green beans, $1.89
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.79
1 medium head of cabbage, $1.58
That comes to: $59.94
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/17-1/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/20-1/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/24/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.