It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/30/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
An Imperfect Produce Review — and a HALF OFF Coupon Code For You!
Guys! See if Imperfect Produce is available in your area yet (and if not, you can sign up to be notified on their site when it is…). On the “almost” all ALDI front, check out my Imperfect Produce review, and get 50% off your first box with code mashup. Pretty cool, and a nice way to supplement your ALDI shopping and/or pick up some different seasonal produce that ALDI doesn’t carry.
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find the easy printable ALDI meal plan and shopping list for this week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 9/30/18 – 10/6/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/30/18
- Sunday: Italian chicken thighs with zucchini & potatoes (use yellow potatoes), plus roasted Brussels sprouts & butternut squash (substitute 1.5 tsp dried thyme for fresh, & start it in the oven while you’re browning the veggies for the chicken recipe).
- Monday: Butternut squash & kale browned butter pasta, along with the baguette and a side salad made with one heart of romaine, two chopped tomatoes, some chopped green onions, and a little shredded jack cheese.
- Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken chickpea stew, grapes, sliced cantaloupe.
- Wednesday: Simple chicken kale mushroom stir fry (serve over cauliflower rice) with egg drop soup (use four eggs if you like, one per person).
- Thursday: Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata (use orange bell pepper), plus easy skillet potatoes (use yellow potatoes, & note you might need to microwave for a shorter time, since they are smaller).
- Friday: Taco turkey & potato skillet. Serve this over the rest of your romaine to make a big taco salad, topped with chopped tomatoes, green onion, shredded jack cheese, and sliced green olives. Plus, the rest of your grapes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/29/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.84
8 oz block Monterey jack cheese, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.89
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Tuscan Garden manzanilla olives, $1.19
Chef’s Cupboard can chicken broth, $.49
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie) pasta, $.79
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, $.69
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, $.69
14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Two 15 oz cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $1.38
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.59
Stonemill 8 oz minced garlic in water, $1.79
6 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $4.74
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
12 oz Never Any apple chicken sausage, $2.99
19.2 oz Fit & active ground turkey, $3.49
12 oz SimplyNature organic kale, $3.19
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.89
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
5 lb yellow potatoes, $1.59
20 oz zucchini, $1.39
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.69
3 lb butternut squash, $2.97
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.49
5 Roma tomatoes, $.90
That comes to $60.53.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/23-9/29 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/26-10/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/26/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/30/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.