Let’s rock right into the middle of August with this week’s ALDI meal plan: 8/9/20 – 8/15/20! As always: Use this as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 8/9/20
As our strange times continue, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
First up, what’s new this week?
From Avocado Recipes to Tiny Cake…
From tiny cakes to Pembrook planners, from Poke bowls to bamboo utensils, from magnetic tiles to low salt pretzels… check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week.
Did you know that it was National Avocado Day on July 31? If not, it’s OK: Celebrate belatedly with these 11 favorite avocado recipes!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 8/9/20 – 8/15/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/9/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 8/9/20
- Chicken drumsticks with mushrooms, tomatoes, & chickpeas
- Sliced nectarines
- Creamy tomato hummus soup
- Grilled cheese sandwiches (on sourdough with colby-jack)
- Half the grapes
- Deconstructed vegetarian enchiladas skillet
- Avocado slices
- The other half of the grapes
- Easy turkey kielbasa chili topped with the rest of your cheddar, shredded
- Sourdough toast
- Garden salad (chop up and add some of your last bell pepper, too)
- Thyme for a chicken mushroom rice skillet (use boneless thighs cut into strips, & the rest of the vegetable broth)
- Simple sauteed spinach
- Sliced nectarines
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 8/8/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms 8 oz cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.65
8 oz Happy Farms deli sliced colby jack (or cheese of choice), $1.99
Park Street Deli 10 oz roasted red pepper hummus, $2.49
Specially Selected sourdough round, $2.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle lime salsa, $1.99
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.39
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Can Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.49
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.47
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
28 oz Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.89
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.79
Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.69
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.87
2 Parkview turkey kielbasa, $4.70
3.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.49
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
2 lbs nectarines, $1.78
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $2.58
16 oz asparagus, $2.79
16 oz green beans, $1.69
Garden salad, $1.19
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.35
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 avocados, $1.78
That comes to: $60.22
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/2-8/8 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/5-8/11 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/9/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.