Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/29/21: This week, we’re cooking up everything from smothered pork chops, to cheese tortellini with broccoli & tomatoes, to chipotle turkey chili — and so much more!
Your free meal plans from Mashup Mom bring you a brand new variety of ALDI recipes every week, as well as a brand new chance to save time & money with meal planning. Get dinner time covered — and try something different with your family. Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 8/29/21 – 9/4/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Espresso Martini Cheese, Garden Mums, and Potatoes: What’s new this week?
Alcohol cheeses, pickle popcorn, frozen fruit medleys, and more — Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning on picking up!
What else might you find at ALDI this week? Oh, just some pretty garden mums — and yes, I bought some! See my ALDI mums review here.
And did you celebrate National Potato Day last week? If not, any day can be National Potato Day if you try hard enough — and here are some potato recipe ideas to help get you going.
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/29/21.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 8/29/21 – 9/4/21
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 8/29/21
Note: You’ll end up with 2 cups chicken broth left over; simply freeze it in a freezer bag for use in later recipes.
- Four ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken tacos (use 2.5 lbs chicken), served in tortillas & topped with shredded Mexican cheese + diced onion & tomato. (Note: I like avocado or guac, too, but the $65 budget doesn’t allow that this week — if you have wiggle room in yours, grab a couple!)
- Reserve 1.5 cups cooked chicken for Tuesday
- Half of the grapes
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner
- Cut up the pineapple
- Leftover chicken taco soup (use salsa chicken instead of plain cooked chicken), topped with shredded Mexican cheese
- Tortilla chips
- The other half of the grapes
- Smothered skillet pork chops
- Everything bagel Instant Pot potatoes (no bagel seasoning on hand? substitute sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic to taste; no Instant Pot? boil potatoes until fork tender, cut into large chunks, then proceed with the rest of the recipe)
- Cheese tortellini with broccoli & tomatoes
- Side salad topped with Olive Garden dressing and the last of your bell pepper, chopped.
- Easy chipotle turkey chili topped with shredded Mexican cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 8/28/21
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded Mexican cheese, $3.49
5 oz Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
20 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $4.29
12 oz Season’s Choice steamable broccoli florets, $.89
16 oz Specially Selected salsa verde, $1.99
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.95
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Packet Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.39
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
7 oz can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $1.09
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.77
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
Can Happy Harvest kernel corn, $.49
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
16 oz Olive Garden signature Italian dressing, $3.42
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.56
1 lb boneless center cut pork chops, $4.05
19.2 oz fresh ground turkey, $3.99
2 lbs red grapes, $1.90
Whole pineapple, $1.59
2 lbs peaches, $1.78
Bag of garden salad, $1.69
16 oz fresh green beans, $1.65
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
24 oz little potatoes, $3.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
3 Roma tomatoes, $.60
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $65.89
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/22-8/28 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/25-8/31 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/29/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.