It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/18/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Before we start, a little ALDI fun:
ALDI Finds Succulents, Everything Bagel Seasoning, and… Questions?
Here are a few of my favorite ALDI Finds this week, ranging from mini succulents to an electric cold brew coffee maker! What are you picking up?
And remember last week I told you about spotting new Stonemill Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning in store? Well, here’s how it stacks up to Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning!
Lastly: If you have ever had questions about meal planning, recipes, or… well, they’re your questions, so you tell me! Here’s the place to ask.
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 8/18/19 – 8/24/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/18/19
- Sunday: Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata with garlic herb goat cheese, with English muffins on the side.
- Monday: Roasted veggie paninis with Parmesan & provolone (use orange & yellow bell peppers), grapes.
- Tuesday: Ground chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice (substitute ground chicken for turkey), along with egg drop soup (use four eggs if you like, one per person).
- Wednesday: Caprese chicken + zucchini skillet, grapes.
- Thursday: Skillet chicken drumsticks with corn, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Friday: Easy turkey kielbasa chili (cut this down to one pack of kielbasa & cut back on the olive oil a bit), topped with green onions. On the side, sauted veggies: Chop up the rest of your broccoli florets and your last bell pepper, cut the kernels off the last corn cob, and chop up about 1/4 of a yellow onion. Saute your veggies in a little butter in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp-tender, seasoning with minced garlic & sea salt to taste. (You can change up the seasonings for some of your own favorites, if you prefer, or just keep it simple.)
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/17/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.77
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.39
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms sliced provolone, $1.99
12 oz Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.19
Bake Shop ciabatta rolls, $2.69
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
10 oz Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
13 oz Parkview turkey kielbasa, $2.49
Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $2.99
16 oz ground chicken, $2.89
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $3.74
2 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.58
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
42 oz zucchini, $3.92
4 ears corn, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.79
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.39
6 oz portobello mushroom caps, $1.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads of garlic, $.99
2 packs of 3 multi-colored bell peppers, $6.58
7 medium Roma tomatoes, $1.40
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.69
That comes to $60.69.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/11-8/17 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/14-8/20 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/14/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/18/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.