Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/3/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from BBQ bacon cheddar chicken sandwiches to chipotle lentil tacos — and, so much more.
Welcome back to meal planning this holiday week — and, welcome back to enjoying six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes and dinner ideas to help reduce mealtime stress, and save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Use these weekly menu plans as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 7/3/22 – 7/9/22
Come cook along with us for the answer to the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before we jump right into this week’s plan, though, what’s new? Oh, just… ALDI Finds and more:
Bagel chips, backyard pools, & new cookbooks
As always, let’s start out with ALDI Finds for the week of 6/29/22 — which this time include everything brioche buns, bagel chips, BBQ spice rubs, backyard pools, and more. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
I’m always looking at cookbooks for fun and inspiration, and this week’s pick is Good Enough, A Cookbook by Leanne Brown. Check out my short book review of the new title by the author of Good and Cheap.
Lastly, just a brief detour into more ongoing fun and savings over on the Amazon
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from Hulk hand bottle openers to knitting with cat hair.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
Now that we’re all caught up, here’s your simple ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/3/22. Sign up for our weekly email, so that you never miss another one. 🙂
ALDI Meal Planning week of 7/3/22 – 7/9/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 7/3/22
- Easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet (use 1.25 lbs beef to account for shrinkage with 73% lean)
- Warm up the baguette
- 4th of July BBQ! Grill up burgers using 2.5 lbs of the ground beef, and serve them on hamburger buns topped with BBQ sauce, sliced cheddar (reserve 4 slices for Thurs), and sliced onion
- Balsamic bell peppers (serve on or alongside the burgers)
- Boil up the corn on the cob & enjoy with butter & salt
- Half of the grapes
- Chipotle lentil tacos (use chicken broth), served on tortillas with shredded cheddar + diced tomato & onion
- The rest of the grapes
- Ground beef & broccoli stir fry (use the rest of the ground beef)
- Carrot stir fry with green onions
- Serve these over cauliflower rice
- BBQ bacon cheddar chicken sandwiches
- Cut the rest of the broccoli into florets and steam those up or cook in a skillet, whatever you prefer. Toss the cooked broccoli with a little garlic salt and crushed red pepper to taste, then melt on some shredded mozzarella.
- Rustic mushroom lentil soup
- Side salad, topped with chopped green onion and chopped carrots
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 7/2/22
Note: You’ll end up with some ricotta and some chipotle in adobo left over. Both of these freeze nicely, so tuck them away for future recipes.
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $2.15
8 oz Happy Farms deli-sliced sharp cheddar, $1.89
8 oz block Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.85
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.85
Season’s Choice cauliflower rice, $2.19
Specially Selected everything brioche buns, $2.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.89
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.79
Burman’s BBQ sauce of choice, $1.29
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.95
24 oz jar Reggano marinara, $1.49
16 oz Dakota’s Pride green lentils, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.16
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $1.29
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.39
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.91
16 oz Appleton Farms premium sliced bacon, $4.49
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $5.99
5 lb pack 73% lean ground beef, $11.45
3 lbs red grapes, $2.85
4 pack sweet corn, $1.69
32 oz bag of carrots, $1.39
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.58
Bag of garden salad, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.89
1.25 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
3 Roma tomatoes, $.75
That comes to: $70.78
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/26-7/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/29-7/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/3/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.