It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/22/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Did you know I run two Facebook Groups?
It’s so true! Join one, or join both, but be sure to come on over and join us in chatting about savings and recipes. 🙂 You have your pick of:
This one is self-explanatory, right? Come discuss your fun ALDI finds, check out new recipe ideas, ask for suggestions…
Mostly non-ALDI deals in this group, which range from Amazon subscribe & save deals, to freebies, to coupon savings… and more. Come share your finds and enjoy the savings in both! 🙂
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 7/22/18 – 7/28/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/22/18
- Sunday: Pepperoni pizza soup with kale (top with shredded Parmesan & substitute peeled chopped whole carrot for baby). Chop up one head of romaine for side salad, and make garlic bread with your French rolls.
- Monday: Simple chicken kale mushroom stir fry. Serve over cooked rice with mandarins and nectarines on the side.
- Tuesday: Chicken burrito bowls topped with shredded cheddar, chopped green onion, + diced avocado, plus mandarins on the side, and cut up & steam half of your broccoli and top with a little shredded cheddar.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken & veggies, and nectarines. Also: Cook up a pot of rice and refrigerate it for tomorrow’s recipe.
- Thursday: Easy shrimp fried rice (omit peas) with egg drop soup (use four eggs if you like, one per person), and sliced mangoes.
- Friday: Chopped tomato mozzarella salad with chicken sausage & avocado. Hard boil the rest of your eggs and slice them up to have on the side (and/or throw some in the salad if you like), along with mandarins.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/21/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.80
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Priano mozzarella balls in water, $3.29
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Turano French rolls, $2.99
Fusia soy sauce, $1.29
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
14 oz SimplyNature organic pizza sauce, $1.99
Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
Two 32 oz boxes of SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $3.78
1 can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
*** 12 oz Sea Queen medium raw shrimp, $4.99 — Added later due to my mess-up, sorry, guys!
12 oz Never Any smoked chicken apple sausage, $2.99
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61
Mama Cozzi 6 oz pepperoni or turkey pepperoni slices, $2.19
2 mangoes, $.98
2 lbs nectarines, $1.98
3 lb mandarins, $2.99
3 heads romaine, $1.99
12 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $2.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.59
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
Pint organic grape tomatoes, $1.69
20 oz zucchini, $1.59
2 avocados, $2.18
That comes to $64.99… because I initially totally messed up and left out the shrimp. I am SO sorry, you guys. To drop that back down closer to $60 you can substitute Chef’s Cupboard boxed broth for SimplyNature (saving $.60 per carton)… you can leave out one of the fruit sides… you can even substitute regular $.83 hamburger buns for the French rolls for the garlic bread on Sunday. I apologize for the mess-up!
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/15-7/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/18-7/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/18/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/22/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.