It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/17/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Whatcha think of my new logo?
I mean really… why should IHOb have all the fun? Because we have burgers, too… they’re not featured in this week’s meal plan, but if you are feeling Father’s Day burger-ish this week and want to swap things out, you can try one of these recipes instead:
- BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls
- Southwest salsa turkey burgers
- Pokemon inspired Pokeball pizza burgers
But really, I think I’ll stick with what works, because “MashuB Mom” just sounds like we’re all suffering from some serious congestion. 😉
ANYway, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 6/17/18 – 6/23/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/17/18
- Sunday: Italian sausage, pepper, and potato packets. (Grill them up for Father’s Day — if you don’t have a grill, use the oven instructions. Use the red bell pepper, and sub in red onion for yellow.) On the side, grill or boil up the corn on the cob.
- Monday: Pasta salad with white beans + asparagus (use Kalamata olives & balsamic vinaigrette), plus slice up the pineapple.
- Tuesday: Sheet pan chicken drumsticks & veggies (use orange bell pepper), grapes.
- Wednesday: Slow cooker balsamic chicken drumsticks with mushrooms & spinach (substitute white mushrooms for bella; red onion for yellow; regular diced tomatoes if your ALDI doesn’t carry petite, like mine didn’t today). On the side: Chop up a head of romaine & top with a few chopped baby carrots, the rest of your broccoli, and balsamic vinaigrette for an easy side salad.
- Thursday: Greek style pepperoni naan pizza (use jazzed up tomato sauce per Note in the recipe), and grapes.
- Friday: Skillet pork chops with mushrooms & tomatoes (use red onion). On the side, make a big chopped salad with two heads of romaine plus your last bell pepper, artichokes, olives, mild peppers, any carrots you may have left, tomato… use up those leftover veggies!
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/17/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms Preferred crumbled feta, $2.19
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.79
Specially Selected naan, $3.79
Specially Selected Kalamata olives, $2.49
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.49
Tuscan Garden artichoke hearts in water, $2.79
Tuscan Garden balsamic vinaigrette, $1.29
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.79
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
15 oz Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.16
1 lb thin cut boneless center cut pork chops, $3.69
Parkview 19 oz mild Italian sausage, $2.49
Mama Cozzi 6 oz sliced pepperoni, $2.19
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
3 heads romaine, $1.99
16 oz baby carrots, $1.09
3 packs 8 oz whole white mushrooms, $2.67
1 lb asparagus, $1.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
4 pack corn on the cob, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.49
2 lbs red onions, $1.89
24 oz baby potatoes, $2.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.99
24 oz vine ripe tomatoes, $2.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.49
That comes to $60.84.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/10-6/16 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/13-6/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/13/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/17/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.