It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/16/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Just a little ALDI-related news before we get started:
From Chile Mocha Brownies to Veggie Dudes Potato Peelers — so much ALDI this week!
Looking for an easy all-ALDI dessert recipe to go with any of this week’s dinners? Check out Chile. Mocha. Brownies! Such a simple way to jazz up a box of Baker’s Corner brownie mix, and most excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Here are a few of my favorite ALDI Finds this week — including these adorable Veggie Dudes tools, at just $2.49 each.
ALL-DI news that’s fit to print this week? Check out articles on their new stores in China & near Walmart’s HQ (!), and more.
Lastly, one main reason I started ALDI meal planning and cooking at home was because of my efforts to limit added sugar and processed foods. So, on the tangentially ALDI note: What’s Rachel Reading? Year of No Sugar, plus real food articles. I’m interested to hear your thoughts, too! Has shopping at ALDI helped your own home cooking / better eating efforts?
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 6/16/19 – 6/22/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/16/19
- Sunday: Father’s Day BBQ — Grill up the burgers and serve on buns with sliced tomato, onion, and a little shredded cheese. On the side, half of the watermelon, plus chips & salsa (reserve 1 cup salsa for Tues).
- Monday: Cheesy summer corn soup, using 4.5 ears, watermelon, and roasted or grilled asparagus. (To oven roast: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spread trimmed asparagus out on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat, then season with sea salt and black pepper and roast for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned and crisp-tender.)
- Tuesday: Zucchini Spanish rice burrito bowls with chicken & mushrooms topped with sour cream (substitute tenderloin & skip the slicing lengthwise; watch the cooking time), plus strawberries and grapes.
- Wednesday: Skillet chicken drumsticks with corn, zucchini, and tomatoes (use 3.5 ears), along with cups of leftover summer corn soup.
- Thursday: Chicken and bell pepper saute, served over cooked rice (can substitute Italian seasoning and a little garlic powder for the garlic pepper). Slice up the pineapple.
- Friday: Cheesy sausage, rice, and spinach skillet, grapes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/15/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.29
1 lb Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.29
2 packs L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $1.70
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Casa Mamita 24 oz salsa, $1.89
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
Clancy’s hint of lime tortilla chips, $1.69
6 oz Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.45
2 lb Cattlemen’s Ranch bacon cheddar black Angus patties (frozen), $5.99
3.25 lbs chicken tenderloins, $6.47
2 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.58
12 oz Never Any spinach feta chicken sausage, $2.99
Large seedless watermelon, $3.29
Two 4 packs corn on the cob, $3.98
2 lbs green grapes, $1.78
1 lb strawberries, $.99
1 lb asparagus, $1.99
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.69
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
20 oz zucchini, $1.99
4 Roma tomatoes, $.60
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
That comes to $60.76.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/9-6/15 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/12-6/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/12/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/16/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.