Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/7/23! This week we’re cooking up everything from BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls to chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa — plus, so much more.
Hey, can you believe it’s May already? So… May we interest you in a week of home-cooked dinners, perchance? Read on for all of the easy recipes, printable shopping list, and easy add-to-Instacart list.
Our affordable ALDI meal plans always feature six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Bring your family together around the table for a week of delicious dinners — and, of course, save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
You can also use any of these meal plans as an easy starting point. Modify your own family’s dinners around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and/or special dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/7/23 – 5/13/23
Come and cook along with us for the answer to the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
*** Subscribe to our weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about new ALDI Finds & updates.
ALDI German Week & gluten free pasta
ALDI Finds for the week of 5/3/23 include German Week foods, gluten free pasta, outdoor fun & gardening items, & more.
*** All of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, here. ***
Check out this week’s picks (and pix), and let me know what you want to Find.
Then, here’s what’s new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include a BIG MOUTH CAT key holder, bath bombs for gamers, and more.
- This huge list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
But here, with no further ado, it’s your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/7/23.
*** Take just a second to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new meal plan post!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/7/23 – 5/13/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/7/23
- Rustic mushroom lentil soup
- Heat up the baguette
- Vegetarian three bean and lentil chili, topped with shredded cheddar
- Make a side salad with one heart of romaine, half of the cucumber (peeled & chopped), chopped yellow bell pepper, chopped carrot, and thinly sliced onion; serve with ranch dressing
- BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls — Use 4 Roma tomatoes instead of 2 vine ripe, and cut up your last bell pepper and throw that on there too
- Cups of leftover soup from Sunday
- Chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa — Use 6 Roma tomatoes, instead of 4 vine ripe
- Jalapeño lime honey glazed carrots
- BBQ bacon cheddar chicken sandwiches
- Any remaining BBQ potato chips
- Cups of leftover chili from Monday (break up some of the remaining cheddar slices, to top)
- Ground turkey tacos, topped with shredded cheddar, plus dice up your last two tomatoes, some onion, and cilantro, plus jalapeño if desired
- Cut up the other two mangoes on the side
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/6/23
*** Check below this grocery list for Easy One-Stop Instacart Shopping, as well as an editable easy-print version. Note: If you have more room in your budget, I’d add a couple avocados for Friday, do some vine ripe tomatoes instead of Roma, and add more fruit in general — I had to cut to make things fit this week.
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms deli sliced cheddar, $1.99
12 oz Happy Farms sharp shredded cheddar, $2.99
Tuscan Garden ranch dressing, $1.99
Specially Selected everything brioche buns, $3.49
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.79
Clancy’s barbecue potato chips, $2.19
Burman’s original BBQ sauce, $1.49
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
32 oz box Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
16 oz Dakota’s Pride green lentils, $1.29
Can of Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.89
Casa Mamita taco shells, $1.39
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $2.18
Can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.79
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.79
Can Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, $.71
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.79
Can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
Meat & seafood
3.25 lbs Tyson boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.45
36 oz Kirkwood 85/15 ground turkey, $7.49
16 oz Appleton Farms premium sliced bacon, $3.79
1 lb limes, $1.99
3 mangoes, $1.77
Bunch cilantro, $.79
3 hearts romaine, $2.99
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.69
1 cucumber, $.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
8 oz jalapeño peppers, $.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.49
12 Roma tomatoes, $2.40
That comes to: $70.92
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less, if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from a local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. *** See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add multiples of a single item or to change the weight of items, and the meat special buys don’t usually show up. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change these quantities and make the following notes.
- Change the quantity of chicken broth to two.
- Change the quantity of fire roasted diced tomatoes to two.
- Change the quantity of mangoes to three.
- Change the quantity of mushrooms to two.
- Change the quantity of Roma tomatoes to 12.
- Notes for your shopper:
- Make a note that you want 3.25 lbs of the Tyson boneless skinless chicken breast that is a meat special buy in many areas; it’s not showing up in Instacart. (If not a special buy in your area, add the regularly stocked boneless skinless breast.)
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk, and always double check your cart against the grocery list above. Note that Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, canola oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, baking cocoa, garlic salt, smoked paprika, thyme, rosemary, cayenne, bay leaves, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, salt, black pepper
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format, or:
- If you don’t have Word, open the shopping list in Google Docs or Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match that at your own store.
*** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/30-5/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/3-5/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/7/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your latest regional ALDI ad here.