Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/15/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from a comforting elote inspired casserole to a fresh spinach salad with chicken & strawberries — and, so much more.
Let’s ALDI meal plan out our week, shall we? As always: Six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes and dinner ideas to help reduce mealtime stress — and, to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/15/22 – 5/21/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Gluten free cheesecake and garden tomatoes
Let’s of course start with ALDI Finds for the week of 5/11/22, including gluten free cheesecake, spring plants & herbs, elote style corn, and more. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
Then just a brief detour into fun and profit over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from caution tape shoes to an avocado… chair? plus, even more.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
Now that we’re caught up, here’s your simple ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/15/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/15/22 – 5/21/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/15/22
- Slow cooker cheesy chicken enchilada chili, topped with chopped green onion
- Toasted Italian bread on the side
- Strawberry spinach salad with chicken (substitute chicken breast for thighs, sliced lengthwise to make thinner pieces so that they cook through)
- Leftover chili from Sunday
- Chicken broccoli mushroom stir fry, topped with chopped green onion and served with the microwaveable jasmine rice
- Cut up the pineapple
- Broccoli cheddar soup with sausage (substitute a few baby carrots for one regular, use 6 oz cheddar instead of 8)
- Toast up the rest of the Italian bread
- Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks
- Garden salad topped with poppyseed dressing, baby carrots, and chopped green onion
- Vegetarian elote tortilla casserole (use 6 oz cheddar instead of 8, putting a little less on each layer), topped with chopped green onion and one chopped avocado
- Cut up the mangoes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/14/22
Dairy & refrigerated
1/2 gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.79
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.69
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $3.70
Season’s Choice elote style corn, $2.49
2 jars Specially Selected salsa verde, $4.98
L’Oven Fresh Italian bread, $1.99
8.8 oz pack Earthly Grains ready to serve jasmine rice, $1.29
Simply Nature organic poppyseed dressing, $1.99
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
Can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.79
3 cans of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.13
1 can Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.71
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.38
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.92
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $10.45
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.49
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $5.48
2 mangoes, $1.58
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $3.38
Bag of garden salad, $1.49
1 lb strawberries, $2.29
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $3.44
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
Bunch green onions, $.89
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.69
2 avocados, $2.98
That comes to: $70.84
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/8-5/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/11-5/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/15/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.