Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/14/23! This week we’re cooking up everything from a three cheese zucchini ricotta frittata to Korean style ground beef, spinach, & rice bowls — plus, so much more.
Welcome back to our weekly meal planning fun! Read on for all of the easy recipes, printable shopping list, and easy add-to-Instacart list, shop for your ingredients at ALDI, and get going on some great homemade meals.
Our affordable ALDI meal plans always feature six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Bring your family together around the table for a week of delicious dinners — and, of course, save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
You can also use any of these meal plans as an easy starting point. Modify your own family’s dinners around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and/or special dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/14/23 – 5/20/23
Come and cook along with us for the answer to the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about new ALDI Finds & updates.
Mother’s Day Flowers & outdoor fun
ALDI Finds for the week of 5/10/23 include Mother’s Day flowers, even more outdoor fun & gardening items, & more.
Check out this week’s picks (and more pix!), and let me know what you want to Find.
Then, here’s what’s new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include goofy face socks, a vintage style leather clock, and more.
- This huge list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
But here, with no further ado, it’s your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/14/23.
*** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new meal plan post!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/14/23 – 5/20/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/14/23
- Three cheese zucchini ricotta frittata (psst! this one would also be great for Mother’s Day brunch, if you want to do it earlier in the day instead)
- Side salad, topped with a little shredded Parmesan, thinly sliced onion, sliced mini cucumbers, and chopped tomatoes
- Half of the oranges
- Also, cook up a pot of rice your own favorite way for tomorrow’s recipe & refrigerate overnight
- Easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet (use the rest of the mozzarella)
- Parmesan garlic bread (use the baguette)
- Korean style ground beef & spinach rice bowls — Start the rice cooking before making the beef & veggie toppings & steam or saute up the rest of the peas and add them in.
- Carrot stir fry with green onions
- Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken & veggies (use chicken breast cut into strips instead of tenderloin)
- The rest of the oranges
- Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (use chicken breast cut into strips, instead of tenderloin)
- Simple sauteed spinach (throw some Parmesan on at the end, if desired)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/13/23
*** Check below this grocery list for Easy One-Stop Instacart Shopping, as well as an editable easy-print version.
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.69
Emporium Selection 15 oz whole milk ricotta, $2.49
Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella, $2.09
14 oz Earth Grown extra firm organic tofu, $2.29
Season’s Choice steamable sweet peas, $.95
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.79
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.29
Fusia soy sauce, $1.59
32 oz box Simply Nature organic chicken broth, $1.89
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.99
24 oz Priano marinara sauce, $2.19
Meat & seafood
2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, $7.78
4.75 lb family pack boneless skinless chicken breast, $11.83
4 lbs navel oranges, $3.49
3 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $3.87
2 lbs carrots, $1.89
1.25 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.49
5 oz Simply Nature organic baby spinach, $2.49
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.79
16 oz mini cucumbers, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.85
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.49
28 oz zucchini, $2.26
4 Roma tomatoes, $.80
That comes to: $69.64
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less, if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from a local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. *** See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add multiples of a single item or to change the weight of items, and the meat special buys don’t usually show up. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change these quantities and make the following notes.
- Change the quantity on the mushrooms to three
- Change the quantity on the tomatoes to four
- Notes for your shopper:
- Make a note that you want around a 4.75 lb family pack of the boneless skinless chicken breast
- Make a note that you want 2 lbs of the ground beef
- Make a note that you want 1.25 lbs broccoli crowns
- Make a note that you want around 28 oz of zucchini
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk, and always double check your cart against the grocery list above. Note that Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, butter, canola oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, cornstarch, Sriracha (or chili garlic sauce, or Gochujang), oregano, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper, parsley, ground ginger, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, sea salt, salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, salad dressing
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format, or:
- If you don’t have Word, open the shopping list in Google Docs or Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match that at your own store.
*** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/7-5/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/10-5/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/14/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your latest regional ALDI ad here.