Still, of course, not a typical shopping week: We can’t pretend everything is normal right now, but I do hope that this weekly ALDI meal plan helps to bring at least a small sense of normalcy to your week. If nothing else, free meal plan day means: It’s Wednesday! Yes, we still have days of the week. 🙂
- Per request, I’m posting this week’s meal plan & going by the weekly ad as per usual.
- Stores may not have advertised items in stock, and inventory levels will vary by store, region, and demand.
- Use this week’s plan as a starting point; modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, and what you have on hand in your pantry.
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 4/5/20
With all of that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/5/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below; just a couple super-quick “what’s new” updates first.
An odd week for ALDI Finds, one thing at a time, and resources
Products and Finds in the ALDI ad may not be in stock this week. It is, of course, not a typical ALDI Finds week — but here are a very few ad highlights.
One Thing a Day (soup & banana bread edition): My thoughts on achievable goals right now, and ideas on one food-related thing a day you can do to help you get by.
Beyond ALDI, resources on saving on (and scoring) food in these strange times we’re all living in.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/5/20 – 4/11/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 4/5/20
- Slow cooker salsa pork. Serve this as tacos, with one bag of tortillas, two chopped avocados, two chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheddar.
- On the side: Slice up the cantaloupe
- Salsa verde pork & spinach baked taquitos
- On the side: Chop up half the romaine, half the cucumber, and the last two tomatoes for salad
- Southwest pulled pork & potato bowls. (Substitute mixed cheddar & mozzarella for cheddar-jack & a bag of frozen corn for fresh; may need to adjust the time it takes to pan-cook slightly)
- On the side: Chop up the other half of the romaine for salad, topping that with the other half of the cucumber, thinly sliced onion, and one diced avocado
- Cheesy chicken & spinach skillet
- Serve with oven roasted potatoes: Dice up 1.5 lbs red potatoes, toss with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste, and roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring half way through. (So, get the potatoes into the oven about when you start the process of making the chicken.)
- Chicken potato pizza bake (use chicken breast instead of thighs; omit Parmesan if you don’t have on hand)
- On the side: Carrots need butter & thyme
- Salsa vegetable soup with beans
- Serve with brown & serve rolls
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/4/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.65
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.89
Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
12 oz Season’s Choice steamable sweet corn, $.85
L’Oven Fresh brown & serve rolls, $.99
2 jars Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $3.98
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
2 bags El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.96
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
Can Simply Nature organic pinto beans, $.89
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Can Happy Harvest green beans, $.49
7 lb boneless pork roast, $11.83
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.87
Mama Cozzi pepperoni slices, $2.29
Bunch green onions, $.69
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.78
3 hearts romaine, $2.19
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
1 cucumber, $.59
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.89
3 avocados, $2.97
4 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
That comes to: $59.97
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/29-4/4 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/1-4/7 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/5/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.