Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/24/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from naan pizza with zucchini & tomatoes to comforting sheet pan chicken & mushrooms — and so much more.
So! We’re again doing six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use these recipes to help take the stress out of your week of dinnertime decisions, and save time and money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 4/24/22 – 4/30/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
*** Subscribe to the weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
But first, what’s new this week?
Gluten free donuts, birthday freebies, and fan gear
ALDI Finds for the week of 4/20/22 include gluten free donuts, PB&J bites, fan gear, outdoor plants, and more. Check out all of my favorite Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
I celebrated a birthday recently! As the birthday freebies and savings have been pouring in, I thought it might be fun to take a night off from cooking and meal planning to let you know some of the best ones to sign up for.
Lastly, over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from inflatable goat yoga to zombie ice pops — and more!
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/24/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/24/22 – 4/30/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/24/22
- Sheet pan chicken thighs with potatoes & mushrooms (roughly chop 1.5 lbs of the yellow potatoes, instead of using baby)
- On the side: Cut up 12 oz of the broccoli into bite-sized florets and saute in butter over medium heat until just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in minced garlic and bacon bits to taste, season with a little salt, crushed red pepper, & black pepper to taste, and cook for another minute or until to desired tenderness.
- Naan pizza with pesto, zucchini, & tomatoes
- Slow cooker balsamic chicken with mushrooms & spinach (use thighs, regular spinach, & regular diced tomatoes)
- Sauteed zucchini — If you don’t have everything bagel seasoning, substitute sea salt, black pepper, and garlic to taste
- Smoked sausage & tortellini skillet (use white mushrooms)
- Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes (use whole pound of sprouts)
- Slow cooker salsa chicken tacos (use the last 2 lbs of chicken, and just 16 oz of the salsa), served on tortillas with shredded cheddar cheese, diced jalapeño, and diced onion
- Mexican style potatoes (use yellow onion), with salsa on the side
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/23/22
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar cheese block, $1.85
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella cheese block, $1.85
Priano shredded Parmesan, $2.29
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $2.99
24 oz jar Casa Mamita medium salsa, $1.55
Specially Selected original naan, $4.49
2.5 oz Tuscan Garden bacon bits, $1.39
Priano Genovese pesto, $2.69
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.71
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.71
Packet Casa Mamita taco seasoning mix, $.39
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
6 lb family pack bone-in chicken thighs, $9.54
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $11.07
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.49
1 lb strawberries, $1.69
3 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.97
8 oz spinach, $1.69
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.99
1.25 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.86
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 lbs zucchini, $3.38
8 oz jalapeños, $.79
2 Roma tomatoes, $.30
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $70.42
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/17-4/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/20-4/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, and non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/24/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.