Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/18/21! This week, we’re cooking up everything from an easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet to an everything bagel seasoned whole chicken — and so much more. Every week is another chance to cook along with us, save time & money with meal planning, and try something new with your family.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 4/18/21 – 4/24/21
Use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks, and to help reclaim some of your precious time!
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, ALDI cheese
SO many ALDI Finds this week! So many, indeed, that I’ve made you a little list. Check these out:
- Top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week — see my favorites, and let me know what you’re picking up.
- Mini Naanpanadas are back — see my review from last spring, and enjoy.
- Espritza bubbly rose is back — see my review from last summer, and enjoy enjoy.
- Chipotle cheddar deli slices are back — and, you can make the best grilled cheese sandwiches with these.
And, speaking of grilled cheese…
You just missed National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day on April 12! It’s OK, though: Celebrate belatedly, with one of these five fantastic grilled cheese recipe ideas.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/18/21 – 4/24/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/18/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/18/21
- Everything bagel whole chicken
- Roasted everything asparagus
- Reserve 1.5 cups leftover cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe
- Smoked salmon & avocado ricotta frittata
- Toasted English muffins
- Hard boil the rest of the eggs, for later
- Easy leftover chicken soup
- Make salad with half the romaine, chopped green onion, chopped carrot & celery, hard boiled egg, and chopped tomato; serve with Tuscan Garden Italian dressing
- Any leftover frittata from yesterday
- Slow cooker salsa chicken (use 2 lbs chicken), served in tortillas with shredded cheddar, chopped tomato, & chopped green onion
- Cups of leftover chicken soup
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner
- Everything bagel Instant Pot potatoes topped with chopped green onion — no Instant Pot? Boil potatoes until tender, then cut them up & proceed with the rest of the recipe
- Easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet
- Chop up the other half of the romaine for salad, topping that with any remaining tomatoes, thinly sliced onion, chopped carrot, & shredded Parmesan
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/17/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.09
15 oz Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $1.79
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella cheese block, $1.95
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar cheese block, $1.95
Specially Selected shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.19
16 oz Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $1.89
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz chicken broth, $1.19
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
Casa Mamita taco seasoning mix, $.39
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.99
24 oz Reggano marinara, $1.49
Stonemill everything bagel seasoning, $1.99
Tuscan Garden restaurant style Italian dressing, $1.79
16 oz 85% lean ground beef chub (frozen), $3.29
5.5 lb whole chicken, $5.23
3 oz Specially Selected smoked salmon, $3.99
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.62
1 lb asparagus, $1.49
1 lb green beans, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 hearts romaine, $2.69
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
24 oz The Little Potato Company dynamic duo potatoes, $3.09
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.49
1 avocado, $.99
That comes to: $60.93
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/11-4/17 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/14-4/20 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/18/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.