Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/11/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 2/11/18 – 2/17/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 2/11/18
- Sunday: Sheet pan citrus soy chicken drumsticks & cauliflower. Serve with steamed shelled edamame (cook according to package directions).
- Monday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks with sliced pineapple + spring mix salad on the side.
- Tuesday: Taco naan pizza (make them on mini naan and set up a taco pizza bar with shredded garden salad, halved grape tomatoes, diced avocado, and sour cream), plus clementines.
- Wednesday: Happy Valentine’s Day! Tortellini cannellini creamy tomato-beany soup, with a baguette & spring mix salad. For dessert: Strawberries with cream cheese dip (beat together 4-5 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until nicely whipped — this will be easier in a stand mixer, or even with a hand mixer, but you’ll get a nice arm workout if you need to do it by hand. 😉 ).
- Thursday: Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner, and a side salad with the last of your spring mix salad + any left over garden salad + grape tomatoes from Tuesday’s pizza.
- Friday: Baked tilapia with sour cream Parmesan crust (start testing for done-ness at 20 minutes to avoid drying out the fish). Have with red grapes, and also: Steam up the rest of your broccoli along with any leftover cauliflower until crisp tender. Meanwhile, saute a little minced garlic in olive oil in a medium skillet for about a minute over medium heat, then add in a couple of Tbsp bread crumbs and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring often, until lightly toasted. Toss steamed broccoli with toasted garlic bread crumbs + a little shredded Parmesan to taste.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 2/10/18
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
8 oz Brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
9 oz Priano three cheese refrigerated tortellini, $1.99
16 oz Season’s Choice steamable edamame, $1.69
Specially Selected mini naan, $2.99
Specially Selected baguette, $1.69
Chef’s Cupboard Italian style bread crumbs, $.89
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.79
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
1 can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.65
Casa Mamita refried beans, $.79
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
4.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.11
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.99
1 lb fresh tilapia, $5.79
Pint organic grape tomatoes, $1.99
3 lb clementines, $2.69
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $3.49
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $.89
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.99
One head cauliflower, $2.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.59
16 oz strawberries, $1.49
1 lb red grapes, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
1 large sweet potato, $.79
1 avocado, $.99
That comes to $60.60.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/4-2/10 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/7-2/13 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 2/7/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/11/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!