It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/9/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Here’s a little impromptu post I wrote up a few months ago, but which seems appropriate to revisit for the holiday season: All I Really Need to Know I Learned in ALDI. I’d love to hear your thoughts, too.
And on a very different holiday season note, if you’re looking for deals on gifts be sure to come join us in the Mashup Mom “hot deals” group on Facebook. We’ll help you extend your savings this year — beyond what you’re already saving on your groceries from ALDI!
ALDI meal planning week of 12/9/18 – 12/15/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/9/18
- Sunday: Fajita-inspired sheet pan chicken thighs and peppers. Serve with cheesy spinach rice: Cook up 1 cup rice in 2 cups broth using your favorite method, then stir in 4 oz fresh spinach + a little butter, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, and shredded cheddar to taste until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- Monday: Black bean, tomato, and spinach frittata topped with sliced avocado, along with sourdough toast and honey roasted carrots (cut larger carrots into sticks, and start in oven 15-20 minutes before you put in the frittata).
- Tuesday: Easy chipotle turkey chili (use the whole 19.2 oz pack of ground turkey). Cook up a pot of rice to serve this over, and have apples and blackberries on the side.
- Wednesday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet. (While this is simmering, quick cook up the last bit of chicken tenderloins in a skillet and chop up a cup of cooked chicken to reserve for tomorrow’s recipe.) Also: Oranges, apples.
- Thursday: Sweet potato + chicken hand pies, oranges.
- Friday: Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner, plus side salad topped with carrot coins, chopped broccoli florets, and hard boiled eggs (use your last three) and garlic bread made with the rest of your sourdough.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/8/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.79
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.89
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust, $1.39
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
Specially Selected sourdough round, $2.89
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.89
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
2 cans SimplyNature organic black beans, $1.78
1 can SimplyNature organic kidney beans, $.89
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
2.75 lbs chicken tenderloins, $5.47
19.2 oz ground turkey, $3.49
2 lb honeycrisp apples, $1.79
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.39
2 packs 6 oz blackberries, $1.58
8 oz bag spinach, $.99
Bag of Italian salad, $1.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.59
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 sweet potatoes, $2.25
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
2 avocados, $2.18
That comes to $59.98.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/2-12/8 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/5-12/11 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 12/5/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/9/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great holiday gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.