It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/22/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first…
The 2020 ALDI Pembrook Planners are out!
Who’s been waiting for the 2020 planners to show up in stores? Ta-da!
More favorite ALDI Finds this week? I’m so glad you asked! Check them all out here, from wine decanters to dried Turkish figs (YUM).
Not feeling one of this week’s recipes? Check out the top ten Mashup Mom recipes over the past year, and share your own favorites.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 12/22/19 – 12/28/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/22/19
- Sunday: Sour cream noodle bake, half of the grapes, and Parmesan sourdough garlic bread (reserve 8 slices of bread for Tuesday). To make the garlic bread: Place slices on baking sheet, and mix together some softened butter with a little minced garlic, dried parsley, and shredded Parmesan to taste. Spread onto bread and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.
- Monday: Egg roll in a noodle bowl with egg drop soup.
- Tuesday: Roasted asparagus grilled cheese sandwiches (use half the asparagus; save the other half for Thursday), grapes, and mandarins.
- Wednesday: Merry Christmas — make ham in the Crock-Pot! Several sides because it’s a feast — Have: Easy buttered noodles (use a bit of dried parsley instead of the fresh). Oven roasted potatoes (dice up 2 lbs yellow potatoes, toss with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning to taste and roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring half way through). And, roasted Brussels sprouts w/ bacon & Parmesan (use a handful of the bagged bacon pieces and shredded Parmesan; throw in the oven about 10 minutes after you start the potatoes). For dessert, make pie crust pinwheels with one of the crusts.
- Thursday: Leftover ham & asparagus quiche, mandarins, carrot sticks.
- Friday: Instant Pot ham & potato soup (use alternative Crock-Pot directions in the post if you don’t have a pressure cooker) and garden salad topped with shredded Parmesan, chopped carrots, and hard boiled eggs.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/21/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.78
Happy Farms cream cheese, $.99
Happy Farms 12 oz shredded cheddar, $2.79
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
24 oz Friendly Farms cottage cheese, $2.29
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.39
8 oz Havarti deli sliced cheese, $2.29
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
2.5 oz Tuscan Garden real bacon pieces, $1.29
Two boxes 32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $2.98
16 oz Reggano egg noodles, $1.69
7 oz SimplyNature organic black soybean spaghetti, $2.89
2 cans 8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
1.25 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.36
8 lb Appleton Farms spiral sliced half ham, $6.80
16 oz chub Kirkwood ground turkey (frozen), $1.99
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
3 lbs mandarins, $2.29
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.79
1 lb asparagus, $2.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.29
3 lbs onions, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.29
Head of cabbage, $1.99
That comes to $60.56.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/15-12/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/18-12/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/22/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.