Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 12/10/17 – 12/16/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/10/17
- Sunday: Roasted chicken (shred two cups leftover cooked chicken for use on Tues). Serve with cilantro lime quinoa.
- Monday: Slow cooker quinoa chicken chili. Serve topped with chopped green onion and a squeeze of lime juice, along with tortilla chips and apple slices.
- Tuesday: Avocado chicken salad sandwiches on croissants (note: Says it serves two, but should make enough for four croissant sandwiches). Serve with a cup of leftover chili and any leftover tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: Potato soup with spinach & bacon (use half the bag of regular spinach; cook up all the bacon and reserve the extra 4 oz for tomorrow) topped with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions. Serve with salad (tear up half your romaine).
- Thursday: Sheet pan sausage, green beans, & potatoes. Serve with sliced apples, plus romaine salad topped with crumbled bacon and any green onions you have left.
- Friday: Roasted vegetable tortellini bake (use orange and yellow peppers). Serve with stir-fried green beans (make in a skillet if you don’t have a wok).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/9/17
Dairy & refrigerated
6.5 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb spreadable cheese, $2.69
9 oz Priano refrigerated three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Priano mozzarella, $2.79
16 oz bag SimplyNature organic quinoa, $3.49
Two 32 oz boxes SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $2.98
32 oz box SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.49
Two cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.59
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
CanDakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.48
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.48
Clancy’s bite size tortilla chips, $1.19
Village Bakery croissants, $2.29
Tuscan Gardens salad dressing, $1.29
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
Appleton Farms 16 oz bacon, $3.99
5 lb yellow potatoes, $3.49
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
8 oz jalapeños, $.49
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $1.69
1 lb limes, $1.49
Bunch cilantro, $.69
Bunch green onions, $.69
1 lb green beans, $.60
8 oz bag Little Salad Bar spinach, $1.49
Pint grape tomatoes, $2.29
3 lb Granny Smith apples, $1.99
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
That comes to $60.45.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/3-12/9 in Sunday ad markets and 12/6-12/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 12/6/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/10/17.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!