Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/12/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 11/12/17 – 11/18/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/12/17
- Sunday: Sausage, peppers, and onions sandwiches (use red/orange/yellow bell peppers & French rolls; substitute diced tomatoes since ALDI doesn’t carry small cans of crushed) along with sweet potato fries (note the soaking step, and be sure to start them soaking in advance).
- Monday: Pesto tortellini with chicken. Serve with the baguette and a side salad (tear up half the romaine).
- Tuesday: Slow cooker salsa chicken (make variation one with 2 lbs of the chicken, adding black beans). Serve in tortillas with cheddar, and have chips and guacamole on the side. (To make guacamole: Mash up avocados with a little sea salt, minced garlic, chili powder, chopped tomato, chopped onion, and a little lemon or lime juice to taste.)
- Wednesday: Leftover slow cooker salsa chicken and a little cheddar cheese over baked sweet potatoes. Top each with a sunny-side-up or soft-boiled egg (trust me here!). Tip: You can bake the sweet potatoes in your slow cooker!
- Thursday: The chicken and the egg soup, plus tear up the rest of your romaine for salad & top with hard boiled eggs and chopped green onions.
- Friday: Foil baked salmon with pesto (cut salmon into four pieces; use the rest of your Roma tomatoes and about 2 Tbsp pesto total, or to taste). On the side: Roasted asparagus (drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and minced garlic; roast for the last 8-10 minutes of the fish cooking time, depending on thickness).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/11/17
Dairy & refrigerated
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.79
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.09
Jar Priano basil pesto, $1.69
Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.55
Turano French rolls, $2.99
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
Specially Selected salsa, $1.99
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.49
Tuscan Garden dressing, $1.29
Specially Selected take & bake baguette, $1.69
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.29
20 oz fresh Atlantic salmon, $9.86
19 oz Parkview Italian sausage, $2.69
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.76 — Note that the chicken is only on sale for 5 days!
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
Six sweet potatoes, $2.34
3 pack multi-colored peppers, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.59
Pint grape tomatoes, $2.49
8 oz bag spinach, $1.49
2 avocados, $2.78
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
Green onions, $.79
3 hearts romaine, $1.89
16 oz asparagus, $2.49
That comes to $60.51
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/5-11/11 in Sunday ad markets and 11/8-11/14 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/8/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/12/17.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!