It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/4/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
The perfect holiday gift for the ALDI fan in your life?
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great holiday gift they would be, right? 😉
ALDI meal planning week of 11/4/18 – 11/10/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/4/18
- Sunday: Sheet pan pork roast with apples and acorn squash. On the side: Dice up 2 lbs of potatoes and roast them along with the pork roast (but on a separate pan, until soft on the inside, and tossed with a little olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & garlic powder before cooking).
- Monday: Grilled cheese and tomato naan (substitute regular pesto). On the side, sweet & smoky carrots (use any old butter you have on hand plus the packaged bacon pieces) and grapes.
- Tuesday: Easy beef enchilada pie, topped with sour cream and green onions. Sliced apples and grapes on the side.
- Wednesday: Pesto tortellini with chicken, spinach, and tomatoes (use 5 oz baby spinach). Make garlic bread with half the sourdough.
- Thursday: Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes (use 16 oz sprouts and 1.5 lbs chicken to make it a little heartier).
- Friday: Comforting kielbasa potato soup with sourdough toast, garden salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/3/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.99
8 oz Happy Farms Preferred Havarti, $2.29
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
9 oz Priano refrigerated three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Tuscan Garden real bacon pieces, $1.29
32 oz SimplyNature organic broth, $1.49
Priano pesto, $2.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Two 8 oz cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
1 can Pueblo Lindo mild diced green chiles, $.65
2 lb pork sirloin roast, $3.98
1.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.19
2.5 lbs chicken tenderloins, $4.98
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
3 lbs Gala apples, $2.29
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.49
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
Garden salad, $.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
Bunch green onions, $.99
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.89
1 medium acorn squash, $1.78
4 Roma tomatoes, $.50
Pint grape tomatoes, $.99
That comes to $60.86.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/28-11/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/31-11/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/31/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/4/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.