It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/3/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI food fun first…
Holiday baking is beginning…
It’s the most wonderful time… of the year… and by this, I of course mean the season when holiday baking supplies start going on sale at ALDI! See more on the start of holiday baking plus my other favorite ALDI Finds this week (including everything from gluten free French fried onions, to cheap Swiffer-compatible refills).
And this is not ALDI-related per se, but if anyone is interested in reading my other writing: To try something different, I recently posted a little article on Medium about my time in Facebook jail.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 11/3/19 – 11/9/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/3/19
- Sunday: Garlic rosemary pork roast & potatoes (use 2 baking potatoes). Serve half of the apples along with the garden salad on the side, topped with chopped green onion, Parmesan, and chopped carrot. To save time tomorrow, also microwave two large baking potatoes and refrigerate them once cooled.
- Monday: Parmesan roasted asparagus with fried eggs (use 4-6 eggs, as desired). On the side: Super seasoned pan fried potatoes (also throw some Parmesan onto the warm potatoes in the pan to melt on at the end, if desired). Cut up half of the honeycrisp apples, too, plus serve any leftover pork roast.
- Tuesday: Taco naan pizza topped with diced avocado and green onion. On the side, black beans with cumin + garlic (use veggie broth, and top with chopped green onions rather than cilantro).
- Wednesday: Vegetable pot pie with mushrooms & potatoes (use your last baking potato), along with green grapes.
- Thursday: Chicken + cauliflower sheet pan dinner. On the side, warm up the rest of the bag of peas in a small saucepan with a little butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste until heated through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Also: cook up your last 1/2 lb of chicken breast, then dice it up for tomorrow’s recipe. (Doesn’t matter how — poach it, cook it in a skillet, whatever you like.)
- Friday: Caprese quiche with chicken + spinach, with carrot and celery sticks plus green grapes on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/2/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.92
Half gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.09
Bake House Creations pie crust, $.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice green peas, $.95
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
Casa Mamita refried beans, $.85
Casa Mamita taco seasoning packet, $.29
2.5 lb boneless pork sirloin roast, $3.73
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $3.29
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $4.98
2 lbs Honeycrisp apples, $2.29
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
Bunch green onions, $.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
1 lb asparagus, $2.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.69
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.38
1 medium head of cauliflower, $2.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lb baking potatoes, $2.49
2 avocados, $1.38
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to $60.83.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/27-11/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/30-11/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/29/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/3/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.