This week’s ALDI meal plan brings us through… Thanksgiving! Yes, we’re still going to do six dinners for four for $60, even on this holiday week. This makes even more sense this year with our downsized Thanksgiving gatherings, right? Stay safe, everyone.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/22/20 – 11/28/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Holiday decor, chocolate, and chicken soup
Holiday decor, gift cards, chocolate, holiday ice cream pops, queso blanco, and so much more… see all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here!
And, let’s get back to one food-related thing a day to help out our future selves. This week? We are freezing up some comforting homemade chicken soup!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/22/20 – 11/28/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/22/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/22/20
- Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata
- Slice up the pineapple
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner (use ALDI dressing)
- Simple sauteed spinach (use 12 oz spinach; increase seasonings to taste)
- Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner
- Side salad, topped with restaurant style Italian dressing
- We’re moving our usual Saturday night off to the night before Thanksgiving, because who wants to cook? Plus, you’ll have those Thanksgiving leftovers later in the week. 🙂
- Family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in
- Roast your turkey your favorite way, and serve it with
- Cranberry sauce
- Parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts (use shredded Parm) and
- Cream cheese mashed potatoes (HALVE this recipe) and
- Totally inauthentic challah
- Leftover turkey chili, topped with chopped green onion & sour cream
- Serve this over baked potatoes, and also have
- Turkey broccoli cheddar hand pies (substitute turkey for chicken)
- Leftover mashed potatoes
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 11/21/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.18
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar block, $1.85
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
1 lb Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $1.79
Happy Farms 8 oz cream cheese, $1.29
2 cans Bake House Creations crescent rolls, $3.38
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.29
Tuscan Garden restaurant style Italian dressing, $1.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great northern beans, $.49
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
1 can Sweet Harvest whole berry cranberry sauce, $.89
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Pueblo Lindo chopped green chilies, $.69
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz chicken broth, $.99
11 lb Honeysuckle White whole frozen turkey, $7.59
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $3.74
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
3 lbs mandarins, $2.49
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $1.39
10 lb russet potatoes, $1.89
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.70
Little Salad bar garden salad, $1.35
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.19
3 heads garlic, $1.19
1 sweet potato, $.35
16 oz fresh green beans, $1.69
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.79
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
1 pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.44
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/15-11/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/18-11/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/22/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.