Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/29/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/29/17 – 11/4/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/29/17
- Sunday: Simple roast chicken & vegetables plus honeycrisp apples. After dinner: Shred the leftover chicken for Tuesday’s recipe, and caramelize onions for Monday’s recipe.
- Monday: Caramelized onion naan pizza (double recipe to serve four; reserve the last oz of spinach for Thurs.), with cut up pineapple on the side.
- Tuesday: Chicken broccoli cheddar hand pies. Serve with sliced salted tomatoes (save one tomato for Thurs) and three sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan sausage, green bean, and potato dinner with sliced honeycrisp apples and Parmesan roasted carrots (throw these in the oven about 10-15 minutes after the sausage & potatoes).
- Thursday: Creamy tomato hummus soup (substitute canned chicken broth for vegetable) with breakfast BLT sandwiches (substitute the last of your baby spinach for the lettuce; bake up the take-and-bake bread before making sandwiches).
- Friday: Low carb fried cauliflower rice w/ broccoli & shrimp (might need to add another minute or two for the frozen cauliflower; use just 12 oz shrimp because ALDI doesn’t sell 16 oz), plus garlic green beans and egg drop soup.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/28/17
Dairy & refrigerated
4 oz Happy Farms preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.79
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.04
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crusts, $1.39
10 oz Little Salad Bar roasted red pepper hummus, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.69
Specially Selected naan, $2.99
28 oz can crushed tomatoes, $.95
15 oz can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Specially Selected take & bake Italian bread, $1.69
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
12 oz Appleton Farms center cut bacon, $4.59
12 oz medium Sea Queen frozen raw shrimp, $4.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.49
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Two packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.98
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
16 oz fresh green beans, $1.89
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.19
Green onions, $.79
2 lb honeycrisp apples, $1.99
That comes to $60.06.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/22-10/28 in Sunday ad markets and 10/25-10/31 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/25/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/29/17.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!